Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest firetotheworks

Still Boumsong for me in terms of outright worst player on the pitch, not that it's in any way a debate worth having like. I fucking hated Smith and Butt with the fire of a thousand suns.

Well, as I said, I thought he showed a bit more application than he normally does. But his touch on the ball is terrible and he wastes so many good situations.

:lol:  Words fail, again.

Great. Keep it up.

Boumsong was crap but always in the firing line as a CB.

Alan Smith played in the one position on the pitch you can, to some degree, bypass having a lack of ability scrutinised if the players around you are doing their jobs - as in our Championship season. Instead, every single game his utter crapness was rammed down our throats. Just a nothing player and a nothing athlete.

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure about that mind, Boumsong was here during the season that Scott Parker was a very competent defensive midfielder, but it's not worth debating really saying as we can both completely agree upon the comprehensive shitness of Smith.

Not sure about that mind, Boumsong was here during the season that Scott Parker was a very competent defensive midfielder, but it's not worth debating really saying as we can both completely agree upon the comprehensive shitness of Smith.

We tried to play Parker as a B2B player. He rarely sat deep. Emre was always deeper.

Parker was a brilliant DM at one point, think it was when he broke Bullards leg that he became soft and started tackling less.

Obertan is mentally the worst player i've ever seen play for us, the fact that we simply sent Hatem Ben Arfa away and kept him is beyond belief.

Boumsong was crap but always in the firing line as a CB.

Alan Smith played in the one position on the pitch you can, to some degree, bypass having a lack of ability scrutinised if the players around you are doing their jobs - as in our Championship season. Instead, every single game his utter crapness was rammed down our throats. Just a nothing player and a nothing athlete.

Alan Smith for me. Coupled with him being a cunt when I was  angry after relegation and he's just drinking his face off in my city acting like he owned the bar I frequent in Orlando. No dice man, not in my city.

We'd have a canny shit 11 of awful players like.

Elliott

Carr Boumsong Williamson Babayaro

Geremi Faye Butt Smith Obertan

Owen

Worst performing 11 in my lifetime from what I can remember. Elliott more because he's a loathsome fatty rather than s****.

Always felt the Guivarch thing was bit OTT. He played what, 4 games for us?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he was any good, but we've had plenty of strikers who have been consistently shit. Look at Rivierie ffs

Parker was a brilliant DM at one point, think it was when he broke Bullards leg that he became soft and started tackling less.

Obertan is mentally the worst player i've ever seen play for us, the fact that we simply sent Hatem Ben Arfa away and kept him is beyond belief.

No. It was when Glenn Roeder started playing him in a different role.

Elliott

Owen

Worst performing 11 in my lifetime from what I can remember. Elliott more because he's a loathsome fatty rather than s****.

After Owen, Geremi was our second most important player in that run under Keegan.

Elliott

Owen

After Owen, Geremi was our second most important player in that run under Keegan.

You're right, but my view is completely blinkered by what came after that.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he was any good, but we've had plenty of strikers who have been consistently shit. Look at Rivierie ffs

I don't think it was even that tbh. Could have sworn he scored as well.

I don't think it was even that tbh. Could have sworn he scored as well.

On his debut, and Gullits in that horrible Michael Owen rubbing his hands together day