NUFC v Arsenal - 13/8/11 - 5.30pm - Live on ESPN - MATCH ON

Fatwax

What's the attendence looking like? 50k+?

Plenty of empty seats by the look of things. 46-47,000 i would say.

Just been to the box office to pick up my season ticket. Lass reckons it only mainly singles left. Reckons its going to be a big crowd.

Not a great start to the season for Marveaux.

Why?

Why?

Well despite everyone claiming he was fully fit nearly two months ago, he missed most of the pre-season action and isn't fit enough to be involved yet. Not ideal is it?

No not ideal, but a little harsh to say it isn't a great start to the season, when he could still make a huge impact coming off the bench for the first few games.

Unless of course he isn't fit enough for that either?

Nobody ever claimed he was fully fit two months ago either, Dave in talking shite shocker!

I'd do something like this. Maybe swap Gosling and Simpson around.

----------------------Krul---------------------

Gosling---S.Taylor---Colo---Simpson

Barton-----Tiote-----Cabaye-----Jonas

-------------Best------------Ba-------------

Dinosaur, meet up before game?

I think Simpson might be tried at LB, simply because Taylor can play RB.

--------------------Harper---------------------

Taylor---Williamson---Colo---Simpson

Obertan-----Tiote-----Cabaye-----Jonas

-------------Best------------Ba-------------

A bit shit really as I think Barton on that right side would give us a really decent midfield for this game. Enrique's departure completely rattles the defence though, so hopefully this is the only game without a decent LB. We're going to be weak as fuck down that left side tomorrow.

Why?

Well despite everyone claiming he was fully fit nearly two months ago, he missed most of the pre-season action and isn't fit enough to be involved yet. Not ideal is it?

Played 3, missed 3 hasn't he?

No real LB so maybe to be safe

------------------Krul

-------Tayls-----Willi-------Colo

Simo-----------------------------Jonas

-----------Cab---------Tiote

----Bart------------------------Marv

-------------------Ba

What's the attendence looking like? 50k+?

Plenty of empty seats by the look of things. 46-47,000 i would say.

Just been to the box office to pick up my season ticket. Lass reckons it only mainly singles left. Reckons its going to be a big crowd.

Shes talking bollocks, go to the online box office and you'll find loads of seats available. Don't see where the club get off with claiming that only a limited number of seats remain here: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110811/arsenal-pre-match-ticket-and-travel-news_2281670_2416172 , theres loads left.

Guest rosstoon

Ba up top by himself and pack the midfield to stop Arsenal playing their tippy tappy nonsense. :lol:

I'd play a midfield of Barton, Tiote, Cabaye, Gosling and Jonas.

Agreed but i would have Obertan in for the pace.

Guest taps01

Ba up top by himself and pack the midfield to stop Arsenal playing their tippy tappy nonsense. :lol:

Id also play five across midfield but im sure we have played 4 4 2 all pre season so i can see him sticking with that formation.

Why?

Played 3, missed 3 hasn't he?

Played 138 minutes in three of the six matches.

And for the record:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/06/21/newcastle-signing-sylvain-marveaux-denies-he-failed-liverpool-fc-medical-100252-28911413/

Newcastle signing Sylvain Marveaux denies he failed Liverpool FC medical

Jun 21 2011

RENNES midfielder Sylvain Marveaux has denied reports he failed a medical at Liverpool.

The winger has signed a five year contract at Newcastle.

The Reds have never officially confirmed any interest in the 25-year-old, who underwent groin surgery in February and has not played in eight months.

But reports at the weekend claimed he had undergone – and failed – a medical.

Marveaux said: “Frankly, those rumours aren’t anything.

“I am perfectly fit, and capable of playing again.

“I resumed individual training sessions at Rennes late last season and I could have played the last match.

“I am a little disgusted to read rumours like that because it could affect the rest of my career.”

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Id also play five across midfield but im sure we have played 4 4 2 all pre season so i can see him sticking with that formation.

I think we attempted a 4-2-3-1 in the US.

Marveaux saying he's fit and able to play again in response to claims he failed a medical doesn't equal him being fully match fit.  We've obviously had to bring him back in slowly because he hadn't played a match for several months before joining.