NUFC v Arsenal - 13/8/11 - 5.30pm - Live on ESPN - MATCH ON

Fatwax

Anyone got the nervous excitement yet? I can't wait, won't sleep tonight.

:celb:

Its like Christmas Eve.

Cant bear all the arguing about Ashley and AP and money and blah and blah.

Get up tomorrow, soccer AM, some scran, head into town at 3, meet the lads, beers then support the lads. Great Days. Love it!  :clap2:

Yip, i just want the football to start and forget about all the off field crap etc.

Krul

Simpson    Taylor            Colo      Jonas

Tiote

Barton                    Cabaye          Obertan

Ba                    Shola

I'd bet a fiver its that.

Good line up, I would go with that.

Maybe if they dont play barton we'llgo willo colo CB , Taylor Rb and simpson LB with Jonas and Obertan on the wings.  It'll be one of those 2

We be relatively happy with either of those given the circumstances. I think Willow, Barton and Ubertan will start on the bench though.

Krul

Simpson    Taylor             Colo      Jonas

Tiote

Barton                     Cabaye          Obertan

Ba                    Shola

I'd bet a fiver its that.

Good line up, I would go with that.

Maybe if they dont play barton we'llgo willo colo CB , Taylor Rb and simpson LB with Jonas and Obertan on the wings.  It'll be one of those 2

We be relatively happy with either of those given the circumstances. I think Willow, Barton and Ubertan will start on the bench though.

That sounds like a racist jibe :lol:

still deciding whether i should put Barton in my fantasy team...decisions, decisions

Cabaye is the same price man. No brainer.

yeah, he will apparently be taking set pieces. just have a feeling Barton vs Arsenal is too tantalising to pass over. just wondering whether he'll actually start or not.

on the game itself - absolutely there for the winning this one. arsenal aren't mentally robust at the best of times but coming back to the scene of their humiliation, a game that destroyed the rest of their season, and losing Fabregas and Nasri, means they'll be even weaker than usual. with injuries on top of that...let's do it.

First game of the season, a late kick-off, people drinking all day, this should mean the atmosphere's good. Can't see any reason why we can't beat them.

Agree with you about Barton as well, if he plays, he'll be playing with a point to prove, which can only be a good thing.

IMO it'd be madness not to play Barton, he dicked them last season and if even he isn't committed he should be playing for a transfer. His experience against Gibbs (fit?) could work in his favour too. Not too mention we don't have anyone else to play there aside from Obertan who IMO will be best used as an impact sub much like Ranger was, who is another I'd have on the bench tomorrow.

Out of all the 'bigger' teams we play at home, I have the most confidence in getting a result against Arsenal, even if we havent beat them at SJP for a while, simply because they dont like it up 'em

Guest taps01

Think it will be:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Taylor

Barton Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ba Shola

Obertan in for Barton if he's not allowed to play.

Agreed nailed on

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Harper keeps No1 shirt at #NUFC but expect Krul to start vs #AFC, with Forster on bench. Think there'll be gk movement before window closes.

:thup:

Regarding the latter part of that tweet, I reckon Forster could be off......

Guest Heneage

Just watched Kenny Sansom's take on the game for tomorrow, he seems to think Gervinho will play up front with Van Persie behind him.  :undecided:

Arguably better for us.

Just watched Kenny Sansom's take on the game for tomorrow, he seems to think Gervinho will play up front with Van Persie behind him.  :undecided:

Arguably better for us.

I was kind of thinking the same, but the FB's will still have their work cut out regardless.

Harper keeps No1 shirt at #NUFC but expect Krul to start vs #AFC, with Forster on bench. Think there'll be gk movement before window closes.

Quite a shame if so, simply because I would have liked to have seen him and Krul battle it out for the number 1 shirt. Although, he's been poor in pre-season, still don't think that's a true indication of anyone's abilities. However, if those that pick the team don't deem him good enough, then fair enough.

Quite a shame if so, simply because I would have liked to have seen him and Krul battle it out for the number 1 shirt. Although, he's been poor in pre-season, still don't think that's a true indication of anyone's abilities. However, if those that pick the team don't deem him good enough, then fair enough.

Indeed, but really as it stands Krul is the number 1. Forster will be more than likely on the bench for the majority of the season imo so really it might be best for Forster to move on if he wants to improve/become a top keeper in the future.