Erik Pieters

Dave

The poor bastard :lol:

Everyone was quite happy to have him a couple of weeks ago! Now I'll probably be quite gutted :lol:

He's cack on FIFA, but decent on FM. No idea what to make of him.

I get the feeling Cissokho was never really likely we probably just sniffed around to get the Dutch club to lower their fee to a more realistic level.

But if they're aware of Cissokho, why would they use a much better player and much better option to cover up for Pieters? Talk about a letdown. I don't get how they'd see this bargain and then say "Nah, let's get the Dutch guy". Maybe it's foolish to apply common sense to the regime.

I get the feeling Cissokho was never really likely we probably just sniffed around to get the Dutch club to lower their fee to a more realistic level.

But if they're aware of Cissokho, why would they use a much better player and much better option to cover up for Pieters? Talk about a letdown. I don't get how they'd see this bargain and then say "Nah, let's get the Dutch guy". Maybe it's foolish to apply common sense to the regime.

We were quoted £6m for Pieters and at that point we probably threw in a similar bid for Cissokho on the chance that Lyon might bite (which they didn't). Worth a go, in the mean time the fee for Piters has probably been dropped to the £4-5m we were probably prepared to pay.