Erik Pieters

Dave

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/23/newcastle-united-set-to-step-up-bid-for-erik-pieters-61634-29284660/

However, with the manager visiting Den Haag to check out Pieters in person after being told Lyon would not budge on their valuation, The Journal understands it is now a case of persuading Derek Llambias to meet PSV’s valuation of Pieters, which is around £6.5million.

What? They really are the tightest bastards in the world if they need persuading to pay an extra £500,000 on top of what we got for Enrique for an international left back. FFS.

Funny how Douglas said two days ago that there was significant movement with Cissokho, and now he's saying Pieters.

He may as well just write "I don't really know what's happening, but this seems plausible".

He got some credit breaking the 'international midfielder' link that turned out to be Cabaye, that aside he's pretty much been guessing until news has broke elsewhere, clueless.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/23/newcastle-united-set-to-step-up-bid-for-erik-pieters-61634-29284660/

However, with the manager visiting Den Haag to check out Pieters in person after being told Lyon would not budge on their valuation, The Journal understands it is now a case of persuading Derek Llambias to meet PSV’s valuation of Pieters, which is around £6.5million.

What? They really are the tightest bastards in the world if they need persuading to pay an extra £500,000 on top of what we got for Enrique for an international left back. FFS.

It depends on the quality of the left back. For that price he should have everything basically, I'm not liking this talk that he's not the quickest. I'm pretty certain we will end up with Bridge as it stands unless Pieters price drops dramatically.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Funny how Douglas said two days ago that there was significant movement with Cissokho, and now he's saying Pieters.

He may as well just write "I don't really know what's happening, but this seems plausible".

He got some credit breaking the 'international midfielder' link that turned out to be Cabaye, that aside he's pretty much been guessing until news has broke elsewhere, clueless.

Correct

I get the feeling Pieters will be less of a risk temperamentally. He was upset about his Gran dying so he seems like a nice lad.

Even Hitler was upset at his Gran dying.

Hitler was dead for many, many years before Pieters nan died.

:lol:

When did you get funny, btw?

Still think they could have shown a little more sympathy when Ramage went down....

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/SickleeSausageRoll/ashleypogo.gif

That was when i started to take notice anyway.

How hard is it so understand that he writes what he gets told? The situation changes from day to day apparently, but no reason for shooting the messenger like. Everyone should know how it works by now, and stop whinging about "he knows nowt".

How hard is it so understand that he writes what he gets told? The situation changes from day to day apparently, but no reason for shooting the messenger like. Everyone should know how it works by now, and stop whinging about "he knows nowt".

Why on earth you think he is being fed lines is beyond me. Do you think it's in the clubs interest the bullshit he come out with? Here, Mark, tell them we're close to getting Cissoko, then when we don't, we'll all look like goddamn heroes!

Who's whinging?  :lol: I'm just saying, he's clearly just writing whatever his various sources tell him, therefore he knows about as much as the rest of us (because his sources clearly don't know what's going on either).

I guess you could say Pardew knows nowt because Ashley does his thing, but I'd say that's something to go off by. I'm just sick and tired of the same f***ing line every time. Everyone's aware that Newcastle and Ashley not really does their business straight forward.

Who's whinging?  :lol: I'm just saying, he's clearly just writing whatever his various sources tell him, therefore he knows about as much as the rest of us (because his sources clearly don't know what's going on either).

I guess you could say Pardew knows nowt because Ashley does his thing, but I'd say that's something to go off by. I'm just sick and tired of the same f***ing line every time. Everyone's aware that Newcastle and Ashley not really does their business straight forward.

Eh, what?  :lol: I'm talking about Mark Douglas, not Pardew.

I'm just saying, in my opinion, Mark Douglas writes what his sources tell him. His sources aren't Pardew, Ashley and Llambias (he's said as much himself recently). And his sources have been proven wrong more times than right this transfer window. That's all I'm saying.

Of course he writes what his sources tell him. For f***s sake, that's what journalists do. They are not the absolute truth, everyone knows that, especially since things change. The info we get though, is (more often than not) more than we know. You are wrong btw. He has many times stated getting info from Pardew.