Erik Pieters

Dave

It would make sense actually, as he could play left back and cover at centre back which is one of the areas we need cover. Santon could easily be switched to right back. The only way it would happen IMO is if the striker deal is dead as I just don't see us making two big money full back signings otherwise. Courtney is clearly talking out of his arse.

Aye, was going to say the same thing.

Santon - Colo - Taylor - Pieters would be a very exciting first choice back four. We'd also then have very good depth at both full back and center half with the versatility of both Pieters and Santon.

I can't see it happening though, and a striker should be much higher on the list of priorities.

Guest bimpy474

Seeing as Graham Courtney was saying last week on Talksport that we would be signing Shane Long until the presenter pointed out that he had already signed for West Brom, I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

Fuckin hell man 5 posts up ;)

Seeing as Graham Courtney was saying last week on Talksport that we would be signing Shane Long until the presenter pointed out that he had already signed for West Brom, I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

Wasn't there when I started the post.

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't there when I started the post.

Was it invisible at the time :D

That Courtney was a clueless as you could be wasn't he.

• 3 weeks later...
Newcastle - "In the winter I go to Newcastle." Erik Pieters laughs when he sees the puzzled faces. So easy and so early, the first of a large transfer of an International of Orange had never given away.

Eric Peter Eric Peter

Please Wait ...

"No, I do not move," Peter goes on. "I'm watching a game at the invitation of Tim Krul, the goalkeeper for Newcastle United after the World Cup and 17 in Peru under a buddy of mine."

Read the full-page interview with Erik Pieters in the paid online version of De Telegraaf.

Newcastle - "In the winter I go to Newcastle." Erik Pieters laughs when he sees the puzzled faces. So easy and so early, the first of a large transfer of an International of Orange had never given away.

Eric Peter Eric Peter

Please Wait ...

"No, I do not move," Peter goes on. "I'm watching a game at the invitation of Tim Krul, the goalkeeper for Newcastle United after the World Cup and 17 in Peru under a buddy of mine."

Read the full-page interview with Erik Pieters in the paid online version of De Telegraaf.

He's just coming for a visit.

Oh.

Wouldn't mind buying a LB in January and Santon moving to RB. Simpson is our weakest player imo in our strongest XI.

You haven't seen Santon in a Newcastle shirt, and Raylor is clearly our weakest player.

Wouldn't mind buying a LB in January and Santon moving to RB. Simpson is our weakest player imo in our strongest XI.

You haven't seen Santon in a Newcastle shirt, and Raylor is clearly our weakest player.

I meant our overall strongest XI given that all players are available not just our strongest XI at the present time.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the fantastic experience of witness Rapid Bucharest vs PSV in the new Romanian National Stadium. Other than the whole experience, the most impressive performer was indeed a Mr Erik Pieters. Was not really tested defensively, but looked good going forward and was constantly making himself available for the ball. He has some elements of Jose to his game, and I could clearly see why we were so interested in him.

The only other player who looked capable of playing at a higher level was Strootman for PSV, Tovoinen reminded me of Kevin Nolan...