Erik Pieters

Dave

Woot, we wont have a s*** rightback at leftback

No we'll just have a s*** right back at right back

Wonder if he would get the message if every forum member got twitter and sent him the same tweet.

@DannySimpson12 STOP BACKING OFF WHEN YOUR MAN RUNS AT YOU DANNY #nufc

Or words to that effect

Rare for Derek to put his name to quotes.

I think he's the cause of a lot of the PR crap that the club goes through. He's put his name to that stuff and if it happens I'll give him some credit - otherwise he's shot himself and Ashley in the bollox yet again. 

Guest bimpy474

I'm confused by this, these quotes came from his chairman column in the match programme didn't they ?

His name has to be next to them for that surely.

Guest bimpy474

I'm confused by this, these quotes came from his chairman column in the match programme didn't they ?

Yes

Whats he getting credit for then, he hasn't come out and told us special like, he had to do the column for the programme, i suppose its better than nothing but he shouldn't get praise for that, he has to do it, be different if he said to NUFC TV or a local paper.

Guest bimpy474

Yes why are you confused?

Noticed he was getting some credit for those quotes, dont deserve none imo.

Yes

Whats he getting credit for then, he hasn't come out and told us special like, he had to do the column for the programme, i suppose its better than nothing but he shouldn't get praise for that, he has to do it, be different if he said to NUFC TV or a local paper.

He's made a commitment, put his name to it and not got Pardew to do the talking.

Guest bimpy474

Yes

He's made a commitment, put his name to it and not got Pardew to do the talking.

True which is a pleasant change i suppose, but his "we will be working hard to try and bring the right kind of players in before the transfer window shuts in 18 days" is not Pardews 100% we will be bringing two in.

Must admit its definitely positive rather than negative.

This is what happens when you sell before you replace. The selling club cotton on to the fact we're getting a bit desperate, they raise his price, make things difficult safe in the knowledge that the window is closing. The more they procrastinate the better chance they have of making a lot of money. The longer it goes on the more PSV can push it knowing they hold all of the cards.

This situation is entirely of our own making and completely preventable.

Guest CheickMansour

This is what happens when you sell before you replace. The selling club cotton on to the fact we're getting a bit desperate, they raise his price, make things difficult safe in the knowledge that the window is closing. The more they procrastinate the better chance they have of making a lot of money. The longer it goes on the more PSV can push it knowing they hold all of the cards.

Spot on,, at the worst Pieters should have been here while Jose was in Liverpool

Guest johnson293

There is also the flip side, where we sign a new LB before Enrique goes.... Liverpool then know we have two 'first choice' left backs... one of which desperately wants away, and they start throwing lower offers in for JE.

Its just that fine balancing act of trying to get the best price for our player, but also trying not to pay over the odds for the next one.