Erik Pieters

Dave

PSV full-back Erik Pieters has played down rumours linking him with a move to Newcastle.

Following the sale of left-back Jose Enrique to Liverpool on Friday, Magpies boss is Alan Pardew is openly in the market for a replacement.

Speculation has since linked the Tyneside club with Pieters, who has replaced Giovanni van Bronckhorst as first-choice left-back for the Dutch national team.

However, the 23-year-old has distanced himself from the rumours, insisting that his club may not want to sell and that following the death of his grandmother his mind is currently not on football matters.

"I am not focused on football right now, only my family counts," Pieters told AD Sportwereld.

"Moreover, there must first be serious discussions with Newcastle and PSV must be willing to let me go."

Link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11095_7095641,00.html

Exhibit A: PSV full-back Erik Pieters has played down rumours linking him with a move to Newcastle.

-

Exhibit B: "I am not focused on football right now, only my family counts," Pieters told AD Sportwereld.

"Moreover, there must first be serious discussions with Newcastle and PSV must be willing to let me go."

-

Title does not match quotes, as usual. He's not playing down a move, he's saying that his family comes first and he'll only come here if we bid and PSV accept.

Exhibit A: PSV full-back Erik Pieters has played down rumours linking him with a move to Newcastle.

-

Exhibit B: "I am not focused on football right now, only my family counts," Pieters told AD Sportwereld.

-

Title does not match quotes, as usual. He's not playing down a move, he's saying that his family comes first and he'll only come here if we bid and PSV accept.

same old from any media organisation where they look for the story they want rather than facts

Guest ykmkmdd

Looks like there's a good chance he would have been here already if his grandmother hadn't passed away - seems a good bet we'll get him in next week.

been reported from various websites.....I think 2 days ago though mind..

The PSV tactician then went on to discuss the situation of Wilfred Bouma and Erik Pieters, who were both dropped from the starting XI for the Eredivisie opening day defeat to AZ last weekend.

“I have already spoken with Wilfred and everything has been solved. I have told him that we will not allow him to leave. That’s also the case for Pieters.”

Just loaded up my FM game in 2017. 42 caps for Holland and starting LB for Man U.

Scout report done, sign him.

:frantic:

Excellent.

lol , on my save in 2018 he played for some Romanian 2nd divison team... His best stat was 12 with tackling...

'I would lie in the road to stop him leaving but I fear I cannot block his transfer to Newcastle,' said Rutten.

'He is a brilliant defender, but, if it is right for him and the club, I cannot say no.'

Guest taps01

'I would lie in the road to stop him leaving but I fear I cannot block his transfer to Newcastle,' said Rutten.

'He is a brilliant defender, but, if it is right for him and the club, I cannot say no.'

Promising

Guest pont-toon

hammonds ?

nufcfans NUFCfans

PSV boss Fred Rutten says he cannot block Erik Pieters' £6m move to #NUFC - "If it's right for him & the club, I cannot say no." #NUFC #fb

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Nice selective quoting then.