Erik Pieters

Dave

Surely we're not going to pay £6m for a defender when we've been pissing around doing our best to pay fuck all for a striker. (Although we obviously need not one but two defenders minimum)

Surely we're not going to pay £6m for a defender when we've been pissing around doing our best to pay fuck all for a striker. (Although we obviously need not one but two defenders minimum)

:lol:

there's always a down side to everything

Obviously it's based on media talk (what isn't?) but if we've been quibbling over a small amount for Erdinc who seemed to highly prized only to spend a vast amount here it's seems a little odd, plus all the other comments by Douglas and the other mugs how we don't want to splash out. No?

Hopefully we do buy him and he's class btw, I've not seen him play so have no comment to make on how good he is.

Obviously it's based on media talk (what isn't?) but if we've been quibbling over a small amount for Erdinc who seemed to highly prized only to spend a vast amount here it's seems a little odd, plus all the other comments by Douglas and the other mugs how we don't want to splash out. No?

Hopefully we do buy him and he's class btw, I've not seen him play so have no comment to make on how good he is.

I would guess as it's exactly the same fee as we got for Enrique and we don't have any experienced right backs (we have a couple of experienced forwards) then it could be possible.

Just replacing Enrique without spending (same fee) but no doubt bringing down the wages.

It seems odd when you look at it that way, but tbh I was dubious we would spend money to buy a proper left back so I'm delighted. It gives me real hope that we'll sign a decent striker as well. It hasn't been straightforward but then they very rarely are in this game.

It seems odd when you look at it that way, but tbh I was dubious we would spend money to buy a proper left back so I'm delighted. It gives me real hope that we'll sign a decent striker as well. It hasn't been straightforward but then they very rarely are in this game.

Possibly. Tbh We should probably give up trying to second guess what might happen as it's probably easier to pull a winning lotto ticket.

Guest pont-toon

Kevin Nolan - 5m

Yohan Cabaye - 5m

Jose Enrique - 6m

Erik Pieters - 6m

So no worries lads, we'll be buying a 35m striker soon enough.

lucky if we get the 6m left back tbh

Have to laugh at the fact we are linked with two international left backs yet seem content with Simpson and/or Raylor at right back.

Just what I was thinking.

I mean you wouldn't have a Nike Air on your left foot and a Hi-Tec on your right