Erik Pieters

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

Has to be Jonas at left back surely?

Yep.

Asking for trouble. He'll be getting rinsed on here more than normal if he does play especially against a wide forward rather than a winger/wide midfielder.

Its getting rinsed on the pitch that matters to me as a fan tbh over what could be said on a forum, for that reason alone i wouldnt do it.

Guest WashyGeordie

Can you imagine Walcott up against Jonas, at left back, tomorrow.... Massacre

He's 'doubtful' Walcott..

Can you imagine Walcott up against Jonas, at left back, tomorrow.... Massacre

He's 'doubtful' Walcott..

Oh, you get the point though.

With a lot of their "creative" players out, Arsenal are there for the taking tomorrow.

Guest sicko2ndbest

There's quotes from him somewhere this morning

I think about my family. Newcastle need to make a serious bid

Or words to that effect

The biggest frustration about this is that it was very unlikely that Enrique was going to sign a new contract for us this summer. So why didn't we tell Liverpool piss off until we sign a replacement. I was willing to understand the Carroll transfer, yes we still needed a striker regardless of Carroll going or not, but £35 million for any player is difficult to turn down. You could even give benefit of the doubt to the board over replacing Carroll, Carroll out Ba in. (I know we need more but as for numbers going into January we are on par). The the boards eyes we have Ba, Best, Shola, Loven, 4 strikers maybe they think thats enough. But no left back at the club is criminal really. Perch is a utility play who if could actually play football would be cover for a number of position. Ferguson I don't think is ready to be a regular starter, so know we go into the start of the season with no left back, not through injuries, not through bad luck but through poor decision making.

I haevn't been this boards biggest critic but it has been shocking management over Enrique, maybe Taylor was that back up plan should Enrique decide to lose, at £1 million even if Enrique stayed it would have been a disaster in the boards eyes as Taylor would have been so cheap. As it stands in my eyes we need two left backs, and a striker. At the moment even with doubts over his actually talent someone like Bendtner would be a godsend. With those signs and keeping hold of a happy and contented Barton we have the makings of a decent looking squad.

Just as Arsenal can't play Fabrecas and Nasri tomorrow we couldn't have played Enrique due to frame of mind and risk of injury. So we sell as soon as we have a decent offer. It may have been sensible to sign the replacement ahead of Liverpool bidding but I'm guessing we didn't want to take the risk that nobody came in for Enrique or that we might not have been able to get the £6m if Liverpool knew we had to sell. The club's strategy is the same as for AC last Jan; take the money and muddle through. The only thing I'd say in defence of the club is that unless you're a CL team re-building is a messy business.

Guest taps01

Or words to that effect

Any link for this?

All over Twitter (links as well).

Fancy posting a link then?

Or words to that effect

Any link for this?

All over Twitter (links as well).

Fancy posting a link then?

:lol: :thup:

Ronnie Gill

NEWCASTLE United target Erik Pieters has told PSV Eindhoven he wants to quit the Dutch side following a bid from the Magpies - according to reports in Holland this morning.

The left-back has been primed as Jose Enrique's replacement following the Spaniard's departure to Liverpool.

However, talk in Holland this morning suggest that PSV's technical director has asked for more time to consider Newcastle's bid.

Pieters was dropped from PSV's last game but made a second half appearance in front of Toon chief scout Graham Carr against AZ Alkmaar, which Sir Bobby Robson's old side lost 3-1.

After the game Pieters stormed out of the dressing room and told local reporters he was "seriously considering" quitting the club and it is understood that has been followed up with a request to leave before the transfer window shuts.

*Read more about Alan Pardew's thoughts on transfers in today's Chronicle.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/12/pieters-tells-psv-eindhoven-he-wants-to-leave-72703-29224704/#ixzz1UoO69oAz

After the game Pieters stormed out of the dressing room and told local reporters he was "seriously considering" quitting the club and it is understood that has been followed up with a request to leave before the transfer window shuts.

For fuck sake.

Seems a nice guy. Anyway, slap a bid of €5m on the table and tell them to fuck off. We need him now. Get him on your chopper AshleyBoy.

GET HIM TO THE CHOPPER!

http://www.unit27music.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/ahnold.jpg

DO IT NOW!!!

For fuck sake.

Great Dave impression that like :lol: