Erik Pieters

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

If were gonna languish like f*** around mid-table for the foreseeable future can we at least have attacking full backs and play good football?

For this reason alone I don't want Pieters.

Aye i hate the idea of buying defenders who can defend and give us a good base to build on. We might as well not buy anyone and play Jonas there if thats what you want.

I still think Enrique's strength was his defensive ability rather than attacking. He made the odd great run, but generally it was his ability to stop wingers that I liked the most.

With the midfielders we've got now, I wouldn't be sorry to have a slightly more defensive fullback.

Guest Roger Kint

I still think Enrique's strength was his defensive ability rather than attacking. He made the odd great run, but generally it was his ability to stop wingers that I liked the most.

With the midfielders we've got now, I wouldn't be sorry to have a slightly more defensive fullback.

Agree with all that.

Depends who we have on the left. If Jonas is playing, I'd rather have an attacking full-back. If Marveaux/HBA are playing then we would need to have a defensive left-back...

Good thing if we sign him is that our expectations aren't going to be very high  :lol: Hopefully he'll prove to be a lot better than we expected, even though hardly anyone of us has seen him play very much.

meh

Just to clarify think he is a good eredivisie player

Will get murdered in the premiership #tooslowandimmobile

Cissokho has all of the necessary attributes to be a success!

Cissokho was s**** last season by all accounts. Neither have proven anything yet I'd be happy with either.

Guest sicko2ndbest

meh

Cissokho was s**** last season by all accounts...

Whereas Pieters has always been average out of a shit bunch of dutch left backs

meh

Whereas Pieters has always been average out of a shit bunch of dutch left backs

How many times have you seen him play?

Guest sicko2ndbest

meh

Whereas Pieters has always been average out of a s*** bunch of dutch left backs

How many times have you seen him play?

Enough to make an informed judgement

People are crying themself to sleep on here because the board aren't getting a left back. When they do you whinge even more because they didn't spunk money on someone who seemingly got adaptability problems in his own country. I got the world of belief in Pieters to be an excellent left back for years to come. He will probably improve vastly with his position at the national team getting tons of good experience against the best in the world at any national championship.

Guest taps01

First choice left back for the number one ranked team in the world he really cant be that bad not 'Perch' bad anyway!

First choice left back for the number one ranked team in the world he really cant be that bad not 'Perch' bad anyway!

He has been described as the "Glen Johnson of Holland". But honestly, wouldn't mind him here.

He has been described as the "Glen Johnson of Holland". But honestly, wouldn't mind him here.

Considering Glen Johnson would waltz into our team, things could be worse.