Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Last I heard he was falling out with the Lyon fans for playing rather poorly. Was highly regarded in portugal so should be some potential in there. Lyon might want to cash in, as I do believe they got some players on their books ready to step up?

Timmyy aka Kolo.

It's hilarious that Perch has actually got a mention in this thread.

It's even more hilairous that we have opened a thread on this guy when it's clear we are already well down the road to signing Pieters.

I'd spunk in Llambias eyes if we got this lad. More talent in his right nostril than Hoesay.

Rate Enrique higher than Cissokho like. If not going forward, at least defensively. Would love to have him here though, of course. Top left back.

It's hilarious that Perch has actually got a mention in this thread.

It's even more hilairous that we have opened a thread on this guy when it's clear we are already well down the road to signing Pieters.

I dont know, normally I'd agree but RMC have a pretty high success rate when it comes to our transfers.

He isn't better than Enrique, but he is far above what I would expect the club to sign. He was poor last season and has underachieved in France, but still a great athlete with some talent mixed in. Was right up with Tremoulinas, Taiwo, Morel, etc as best left back in the league last season.

Interesting. It was previously said that we were going to sign Pieters regardless of whether Enrique left or not, so I suppose it's possible that we're after two left backs.

The way things have been going for us this summer though, I fully expect the thread title to be changed to "Lyon reject 'derisory' bid from NUFC for Aly Cissokho" or "Aly Cissokho reiterates desire to stay at Lyon and fight for place" by the next time I check.

The Times also now reporting we've made a bid for Cissokho.. would be a pleasant surprise if the board actually get him wouldn't surprise me if our offers fall short though cant see them accepting anything less then £10 million given they paid £15 million for him.

The times say our bid is 5.5 m and that the lad has handed in a request to leave ' preferably for England' in the next 48 hrs

Cant see them letting him go for that though.

true but i could not see us letting Jose go for similar. When a player signals an intent to leave it can have a real impact.