Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Non-starter at that price. Probably a non-starter at any price where there's a risk of not turning a profit on him.

Well we didn't make any money on Jose.

If he's good enough, we need to sign him. If he's a couple of million extra than we'd like to pay, then tough shit- that's what happens when you have no left backs and a fortnight left before the window closes.

Exactly. Apparently we managed to extract the maximum amount from Liverpool by waiting until they were 'desperate' but when the boot's on the other foot and we've got to replace him we don't like it. We want it both ways and we're going to end up with no-one.

Ashley thinks buying players is like buying trackie bottoms from China.

Cissokho is a very highly rated player despite his poor season, and Lyon paid a lot for him. So what the fuck were we thinking they'd accept? £5m?

They're well within their rights to ask for £10m. I'd guess if we go up to £8m we'll be able to do a deal, but the dicks in charge are unlikely to sanctions a bid of that size.

Cissokho is a very highly rated player despite his poor season, and Lyon paid a lot for him. So what the f*** were we thinking they'd accept? £5m?

They're well within their rights to ask for £10m. I'd guess if we go up to £8m we'll be able to do a deal, but the dicks in charge are unlikely to sanctions a bid of that size.

Unfortunately this is so, honestly can't see Ashley financing such a move.

Still reckon it might depend on whether they get in the CL or not as they'll not need the cash so much if they do. Don't want us waiting to find out though, we need someone in now be it Cissokho or A.N Other.

Cissokho is a very highly rated player despite his poor season, and Lyon paid a lot for him. So what the fuck were we thinking they'd accept? £5m?

He had a poor season. Why would we give them an inflated fee on the back of that unless we have complete arseholes in charge?

He had a poor season. Why would we give them an inflated fee on the back of that unless we have complete arseholes in charge?

inflated!?!? He signed for Lyon for €15m you clown.

Cissokho is a very highly rated player despite his poor season, and Lyon paid a lot for him. So what the f*** were we thinking they'd accept? £5m?

inflated!?!? He signed for Lyon for €15m you clown.

Don't they owe a 20% sell on clause too, if he goes

This is doing my head in. Every morning i fire the computer up expecting changes in the following thread titles: Cissisokho / Pieters / Maiga, suggesting one or more of them is finally on his way.

Preferably fucking airport pics!

But no...

Guard hopes to still keep Cissokho

Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 10:00 am In: Lyon , Ligue 1 .

The situation remains complicated in Lyon on file Aly Cissokho. Several English clubs are interested in the left rear, with no concrete offer has yet been made. The player is caught in the crossfire, and also his coach. The management of the OL would always be separated from a big salary, and this is the case the player recruited for gold from FC Porto in summer 2009.

But losing an undisputed hold two weeks of the end of the transfer market would not the deal of the century for Remi Garde, who prefers, if there had to recruit, whether as regards the key position of defensive midfielder . So, the coach of Lyon, who had repeated Wednesday that starting Cissokho was still possible, admits that his side want to consider staying at OL. " The door is not closed for him, but I hope Aly will recognize in the project the OL, with perhaps also the France team to the key , "the coach has delivered Lyon, who knows a good season could very well open a possibility for France in particular that, despite fierce competition, no one has totally convinced at this position.

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/lyon/garde-espere-quand-meme-conserver-cissokho,75821

Isn't our wage cap 50k or something? I Think he is on a lot more than that at Lyon.

Don't think so..

He was probably on less than 10k at Porto, so my guess is that he's on something like 30-40k at OL

Dunno if it's been mentioned but the journal says that Cissokho is the main LB target now, and Pardew hinted they may make an improved offer. Wish we would just hurry up and do it instead of hinting.

Would be worried if not. Good news though, as long as it lasts.

Dunno if it's been mentioned but the journal says that Cissokho is the main LB target now, and Pardew hinted they may make an improved offer. Wish we would just hurry up and do it instead of hinting.

Actions speak louder than words.

Hope Ashley get his finger out and pull the trigger.

Can`t se it happen though.