Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

I'm pretty sure the club are just as desperate to get a LB in as the fans are, they just might not be prepared to pay proper money for one.

Still think we'll get one in, any other outcome is madness.

Is that okay in your opinion?

I'm pretty sure the club are just as desperate to get a LB in as the fans are, they just might not be prepared to pay proper money for one.

Is that okay in your opinion?

Well I always struggle with this question, it's hard to say how much is right or wrong for us to pay for a player.

In this instance though, we have known about the need for a LB for a long time, and also don't have the excuse of having a number of poor players on the books already (like we do at CF for example).

So in this case I think we need to admit that we're desperate for a LB and pay some decent money to get one. There is no other option for me, starting the season without a senior LB would be indefensible.

If that means we get ripped off by 2 or 3 million then in this case we need to swallow it as an unavoidable cost of avoiding half a season without a LB.

We're drifting into Shefki Kuqi/Sibierski/Olivier Bernard/Ronny Johnsen territory here. The fans have every right to be nervous.

We go into the season with this squad, we're going to ship goals and struggle to score them at the other end. Not a good mix for a football team.

We've received a massive sum of money from the sales of Carroll, Nolan and Enrique. We've known about the left back vacancy for months and months now. We've known about the striker problem for EIGHT months. We cashed in on these players for big sums of money yet we are not prepared to pay decent money for replacements. Who wouldn't be nervous that we are now less than 2 weeks from deadline day and all we keep hearing is that the club won't reinvest a fraction of what we received to replace these players?

most probably some useless old cunts from free transfer like Kuqi

Kuqi was signed as backup, we won't be signing a player like him for the first team.

While admitting it would take a little longer than anticipated to bring in the defender he wants, he did confirm a bid has been lodged for Sochaux striker Modibo Maïga – although The Journal understands interest has cooled in Holland left-back Erik Pieters.

Lyon’s Aly Cissokho is now the priority defensive target and Pardew has hinted the club may be prepared to lodge an improved offer to get their man.

In a candid pre-derby briefing, he also admitted the squad was not as strong as it was 12 months ago – but said the situation would improve before the transfer deadline.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/19/players-search-is-urgent-alan-pardew-61634-29263441/#ixzz1VTBH2FiL

From Journal today, not sure if it's been posted, for what it's worth...

most probably some useless old c***s from free transfer like Kuqi

Kuqi was signed as backup, we won't be signing a player like him for the first team.

yes,if we didn't sign anyone in 2 weeks time, Ferguson or Raylor will be the 1st choice left back and we'll bring in some nobody from free transfer as backup , we did it when Carroll left last season, it won't surprise me if we did it again 

yes,if we didn't sign anyone in 2 weeks time, Ferguson or Raylor will be the 1st choice left back and we'll bring in some nobody from free transfer as backup , we did it when Carroll left last season, it won't surprise me if we did it again 

We still had 4 strikers when Kuqi came in as a backup, we have no left backs now (apart from a youth player).  There's no comparison between this situation and that one and so no reason to believe anything similar will happen.

How much piss will you drink if we bring in a decent left back BTW?

We still had 4 strikers when Kuqi came in as a backup, we have no left backs now (apart from a youth player).  There's no comparison between this situation and that one and so no reason to believe anything similar will happen.

How much p*ss will you drink if we bring in a decent left back BTW?

we've got the time and money to bring in the player and yet fail to do so 2 weeks before transfer window close, the worst scenario now surely would be some panic buy or even free transfer junks.

and who you to say there's no season to believe anything similar will happen? i would be glad if we can get a decent left back sooner, but base on what happen last few years, it just wouldn't surprise me if they screw up again.

btw how much piss will you drink if we didn't bring in a decent left back?

We still had 4 strikers when Kuqi came in as a backup, we have no left backs now (apart from a youth player).  There's no comparison between this situation and that one and so no reason to believe anything similar will happen.

How much p*ss will you drink if we bring in a decent left back BTW?

we've got the time and money to bring in the player and yet fail to do so 2 weeks before transfer window close, the worst scenario now surely would be some panic buy or even free transfer junks.

and who you to say there's no season to believe anything similar will happen? i would be glad if we can get a decent left back sooner, but base on what happen last few years, it just wouldn't surprise me if they screw up again.

btw how much piss will you drink if we didn't bring in a decent left back?

You can believe what you like, but if you're coming to that conclusion by comparing two entirely different situations then that's not a good basis for that belief.

I won't be making any bets BTW, I actually haven't made any claims here on whether or not we'll sign a left back.

While admitting it would take a little longer than anticipated to bring in the defender he wants, he did confirm a bid has been lodged for Sochaux striker Modibo Maïga although The Journal understands interest has cooled in Holland left-back Erik Pieters.

Lyons Aly Cissokho is now the priority defensive target and Pardew has hinted the club may be prepared to lodge an improved offer to get their man.

In a candid pre-derby briefing, he also admitted the squad was not as strong as it was 12 months ago but said the situation would improve before the transfer deadline.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/19/players-search-is-urgent-alan-pardew-61634-29263441/#ixzz1VTBH2FiL

From Journal today, not sure if it's been posted, for what it's worth...

Does that mean we are looking at brining in more that two before the window close? 

Dunno if it's been mentioned but the journal says that Cissokho is the main LB target now, and Pardew hinted they may make an improved offer. Wish we would just hurry up and do it instead of hinting.

Actions speak louder than words.

Hope Ashley get his finger out and pull the trigger.

Can`t se it happen though.

Definitely especially when at this point Pardew's words mean f*** all.

From what I can tell it seems like we decided to put an almost-done deal with Pieters on the back-burner because we felt that we could attract this guy.

It's nice to be ambitious and all that, but I'm not really feeling confident given that negotiation really hasn't been our strong suite this summer.

My faint heart wishes we'd chosen the safe option. What if we fail here, try to go back, and Pieters decides he doesn't really fancy being our second choice?`

From what I can tell it seems like we decided to put an almost-done deal with Pieters on the back-burner because we felt that we could attract this guy.

It's nice to be ambitious and all that, but I'm not really feeling confident given that negotiation really hasn't been our strong suite this summer.

My faint heart wishes we'd chosen the safe option. What if we fail here, try to go back, and Pieters decides he doesn't really fancy being our second choice?`

I think we'd have bought Pieters at £4-5m, but when his club asked for £6m we probably thought we can get Cisskho for around that. Even if it's more it's probably a better deal so if we do it then I would agree it was the right thing to pull out of the Pieters deal.