Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Ashley said words to the effect that he make 20 Million available over and above everything else. He said it at around the time KK left and he was trying to sell.

It was you ungrateful bastards I bought the club and the debt and was going to make 20 Million a year available. It was never going to happen like 'cos he's a habitual liar.

Guest johnson293

Regarding £20million/year, I can just remember it mentioned from this statement, just after KK left and the 'Merde' hit the fan....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7615655.stm

I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year but no more.

Can't remember him saying he'd start doing it again.

Regarding £20million/year, I can just remember it mentioned from this statement, just after KK left and the 'Merde' hit the fan....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7615655.stm

I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year but no more.

Can't remember him saying he'd start doing it again.

That's cos he didn't

FOOTBALL IN BRIEF

Lyon: Guard always ready to let go Cissokho

August 17, 2011 - By Peter Lopes

But if Liverpool has a very interested time, the player not being overwhelmed by the proposals.. "The situation is somewhat complicated because Ali was among the players for whom the door was open to certain financial conditions. At the end of last season, the president of the Olympique Lyonnais Jean-Michel Aulas announced that several international would be pushed towards the exit, to clean up the finances of the club. (...) But Ali knows, is not s is not closed ...", said clearance micro RMC. However, his departure is still valid, according to Rhone coach Remi Garde. But today, these conditions are not met by clubs Aly interested. The left-Aly Cissokho (23 years, two games this season L1) is listed.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maxifoot.fr%2Ffootball-rss143433%2Flyon-garde.php

OL: THIS THORNY ISSUE ALY CISSOKHO

17.08.2011 - 18 h 01 - 1

Curly ten days ago, the case seems to have reopened Aly Cissokho in Lyon to believe the latest statements by Rémi Garde.

RELATED LINKS

Teams

Olympique Lyonnais

Players

Aly Cissokho

Rémi Garde

"Having kept Bastos and Cissokho is a relief compared to their behavior in the workforce. " August 5, the coach of Olympique Lyonnais Rémi Garde explained to hint that the two left-handers remain this summer. Today, the microphone of RMC, the coach has surprisingly Rhone revised his speech about one of them, namely the international tri-color (23 years, a selection).

"Ali was one of the players for whom the door was open to certain financial conditions set out in early summer by President Aulas. But now these conditions are not met by any club interested. The door was not closed but it has all the conditions are there, "he said. What data confirm the rumors late last week in England about an interest in Newcastle.

If the technician of the OL did not say anything about the English club, however, he regretted that his player is disrupted by the end of the transfer window, unlike Michel Bastos, who announced himself that he was a more year. "It is difficult for the coach that I am to engage players on the project when they are destabilized by people and clubs in conditions that are not acceptable," he said.

Quite disappointing yesterday on the defensive side of the offensive to the timid Rubin Kazan (3-1, dams leg Champions League), the former resident of FC Porto has been replaced by Miralem Pjanic in the 52nd minute. If the medical staff said he was just a muscle strain in his left thigh, the change challenges, especially as it is known that the lateral particularly appreciates the Premier League where the Magpies woo .. .

Shown with the conclusion of Guard. "I hope Aly can identify with the project of the OL with the Champions League to play and the team of France in their sights if good performance. If not, the door is not closed. (...) The transfer window is not over, "he let go. That says it all ...

At the same theme:

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/ol-cet-epineux-dossier-aly-cissokho_71577

Is that suggesting they'll him go if they don't qualify for the CL, if they do make he'll stay?

FWIW Lyon played a 4-4-2 y'day with ACiss LB and Bastos tearing Rubin a new one from LW.

Is that suggesting they'll him go if they don't qualify for the CL, if they do make he'll stay?

FWIW Lyon played a 4-4-2 y'day with ACiss LB and Bastos tearing Rubin a new one from LW.

How fucking good was Bastos? His cross for Gomis' first was out of this world.

How fucking good was Bastos? His cross for Gomis' first was out of this world.

Aye it was pretty special, great finish mind. Couple of the French journos I follow on Twitter were saying its the most adventurous Lyon have played in a long time.

can someone tell me what the so-called contingency plan we had for when enrique leaves?  did pardew not say (i know) that we had money put aside for either enriques new 'fantastic' contract or to be added to the selling fee for a replacement? yet he's been gone a week and we're seemingly no closer to getting one in

i know we're apparently bidding for a couple but its really pissing me off how long it takes us to sort things, especially when its as urgent as needing a left back

bit of a rant

What was Gomis like? Seem to have lost track of him since he left St-Etienne.

Lovely finish for the first, luckyish for his 2nd. Might do a bit better this season if Lyon are going to play a more expansive game and he has a proper striker partner.

What was Gomis like? Seem to have lost track of him since he left St-Etienne.

Lovely finish for the first, luckyish for his 2nd. Might do a bit better this season if Lyon are going to play a more expansive game and he has a proper striker partner.

His 2nd was ridiculously lucky like, though no denying the quality of finish for his 1st.

He's saying he's available if their conditions (fee) are met by any interested club as i read it.

Guest taps01

This one is a non starter. We won't pay 10 mil for a striker to replace one we got 35m for so we aren't going to spend 10m on a left back to replace one got rid of for 6m. Looks like it's Pieters or Bridge. 

Non-starter at that price. Probably a non-starter at any price where there's a risk of not turning a profit on him.

Well we didn't make any money on Jose.

If he's good enough, we need to sign him. If he's a couple of million extra than we'd like to pay, then tough shit- that's what happens when you have no left backs and a fortnight left before the window closes.

Non-starter at that price. Probably a non-starter at any price where there's a risk of not turning a profit on him.

If he's good enough, we need to sign him. If he's a couple of million extra than we'd like to pay, then tough shit- that's what happens when you have no left backs and a fortnight left before the window closes.

Obvious change of emphasis since the days of signing players like Enrique and, to be fair, if the feckless arseholes hadn't have sold our soul they would have convinced Jose into signing a new contract with the very aim of protecting their asset/enhancing it's value. See Tiote.

Exactly. Apparently we managed to extract the maximum amount from Liverpool by waiting until they were 'desperate' but when the boot's on the other foot and we've got to replace him we don't like it. We want it both ways and we're going to end up with no-one.