L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Would we really fly the lad, his agent etc.. to London, arrange professionals to be there and carry out a medical only to pretend he has failed a medical just because we didn't want to sign him?

???

Yes, it follows from the principle of Schrodinger's Dolt. You see, Ashley and co are at the same time both Hannibal Lecter level evil geniuses and simple-schemed pantomime schlock crime drama villains. However, you're unable to determine which devilry they're practicing until you observe them for the purpose of complaining about them on the internet.

That's pretty brilliant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Cisse signed a new contract at the start of the season to ensure he stays for the season, but then allowing him to leave in the summer. Doubt we'll get him for that reason.

"I am disappointed at this turn of events. Modibo is in perfect physical condition, which was confirmed by one of the leading experts in the field. I am quite surprised.

"I am convinced that the future will prove us right. Modibo remains one of the best strikers in the Championship of France."

Seems a bit weird.

Simon 'cunt' Bird reckons 'Maiga produced medical evidence of his own, from a professor, to state that the unspecified injury was not a problem, but Newcastle stuck by the verdict of their own docs'.

"I am disappointed at this turn of events. Modibo is in perfect physical condition, which was confirmed by one of the leading experts in the field. I am quite surprised.

"I am convinced that the future will prove us right. Modibo remains one of the best strikers in the Championship of France."

Seems a bit weird.

His agent and doctors are hardly going to say "he's fucked".

I get the feeling it could be something contentious like a heart issue. Something similar to Remy's at Marseille? Seems to be a lot of grey area with regards to defects and fitness.

Just because we now have a complete crisis at the back (induced by not spending in the first place) doesn't mean we don't need a striker any more. That will be the excuse though when we bring in a defender to replace the one we've lost for the season, we'll still be short on players like we were when the season started.

He failed the medical that Demba Ba passed? :lol:

You understand that there's a difference between taking a gamble on a player you're signing for a free and a player you'd be playing £7m for, right?

Ba passed the medical, its not like he failed it and we signed him just because he's on free, we've signed Gosling as well who was out for a really long while! bit suprised that someone can actually fail our medical, then again i think we've got bigger priorities than a strikers, just throw Ben Arfa and Best/Shola in

Simon 'cunt' Bird reckons 'Maiga produced medical evidence of his own, from a professor, to state that the unspecified injury was not a problem, but Newcastle stuck by the verdict of their own docs'.

wonder what the injury is since his people deemed it enough of a problem to bring along some professor

wonder what the injury is since his people deemed it enough of a problem to bring along some professor

Yeah that bits very dodgy. Like meeting the lasses parents for the first time and randomly saying "honestly, I've never hit her, you can ask her yourself if you want!".

Still don't understand why we would go to so much effort, it's not like this ownership gives two fucks about what the fans think.

"That's it we will just plaster the 874th Sports Direct sponsor on the stadium, now for the name change, good job, fuck what have I forgotten!? Oh yeah, lets fly in a player and his representative for that fake medical, the fans will be well pissed off if we don't put some real effort into this made up transfer saga".

Guest Heneage

Basically our medical entails the Doctor coming in and throwing a tennis ball at you, if you catch it, you pass.

Basically our medical entails the Doctor coming in and throwing a tennis ball at you, if you catch it, you pass.

surely the test is being able to ride a bike whilst eating an apple.

surely the test is being able to ride a bike whilst eating an apple.

;D

:snod: Most definitely.