Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Still dont understand this one like? Hope Pardew isnt just bringing him in because he fancies a bit of his wife like.

Would you genuinely be confident in Sodeberg if Krul gets injured now?

No but I've got confidence in Harper if Krul gets injured. Even then, if both happen to get injured, we should have put a recall clause in Fosters loan deal as opposed to wasting money.

Still dont understand this one like? Hope Pardew isnt just bringing him in because he fancies a bit of his wife like.

Would you genuinely be confident in Sodeberg if Krul gets injured now?

No but I've got confidence in Harper if Krul gets injured. Even then, if both happen to get injured, we should have put a recall clause in Fosters loan deal as opposed to wasting money.

Harper is injured at the moment isn't he? And it looks like Forster is pretty much sold anyway.

Endgame for Harper...

He won't go anywhere, he's got two years left on a good contract.

Let's see... If he fails to make the bench when fully fit I can't see him wanting to hang around for the duration of his contract... Though I agree it will be a good contract... Has anyone any ideas how much a week he's on these days? Guessing he must be at the top end of our new £55k a week pay structure?...

Endgame for Harper...

Let's see... If he fails to make the bench when fully fit I can't see him wanting to hang around for the duration of his contract... Though I agree it will be a good contract... Has anyone any ideas how much a week he's on these days? Guessing he must be at the top end of our new £55k a week pay structure?...

:lol:

Endgame for Harper...

I'm sure he'd prefer to move but who's going to pay him what we are? Where will he go? Bear in mind this is a keeper who was happy to sit on the bench for so many years as long as he could stay in Newcastle.

Endgame for Harper...

I'm sure he'd prefer to move but who's going to pay him what we are? Where will he go? Bear in mind this is a keeper who was happy to sit on the bench for so many years as long as he could stay in Newcastle.

Not saying he wouldn't be happy/accept sitting on the bench... Just have a feeling he has a little bit more pride and dignity to be happy being 3rd choice than we give him credit for... Looking at his career so far I understand why people would assume he would just sit and take the money... But in the GK position there is such a big difference to being 3rd choice than 2nd as I suppose there is being 1st rather than 2nd which is where he's fallen from during the summer...