Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Surprised people are getting on his back already? Nah?

Come on we are all listening to the radio, the first one seems to be hit and miss depending who you are listening to. The worst I have heard was that he was "a bit cold but by no means a howler" one said "no keeper would have got to it" and the second goal he conceeded was after the player was allowed to get through one on one.

Guys? :lol:

Surprised people are getting on his back already? Nah?

Come on we are all listening to the radio, the first one seems to be hit and miss depending who you are listening to. The worst I have heard was that he was "a bit cold but by no means a howler" one said "no keeper would have got to it" and the second goal he conceeded was after the player was allowed to get through one on one.

Guys? :lol:

Dean Kiely (a goalkeeper) has said he has had a shocker.

I'd like to see an angle from behind the first goal, it does look he should have got to it, and the second is really poor goalkeeping, totally committed himself and made it so easy for Derbyshire to shift it to the side and leave a tap in.

Can't get my head round the club's logic on the Harper issue tbh, are they that determined to be cunts?

Rob Elliot was delighted to taste victory on his Newcastle debut, as he helped the Magpies into the fourth round of the Carling Cup.

The goalkeeper was selected to face Nottingham Forest at the City Ground, exactly three weeks after signing from Charlton, and made a promising start to United life with an assured display as they triumphed 4-3 after extra-time.

The tie was probably a bit more eventful than Elliot would have hoped for, as he found himself picking the ball out of the back of the net three times, but the 25-year-old was largely pleased with his evening's work.

"It wasn't your run-of-the-mill game, was it?" he told nufc.co.uk after the final whistle.

"The manager made some changes and gave the squad players a chance. He said there is very little between all the players in the squad and that this was our chance to impress, and I think we did that.

"We conceded a couple of sloppy goals, but I think all-in-all we were the better team, especially when we passed and moved it.

"I was pleased with my performance. I didn't see the first goal until after it was hit, and maybe if I had been sighted then I would have saved it, but you can't have everything perfect. I am always striving to improve, and I want to do that when I next get a chance.

"But generally I was quite pleased with my kicking, crosses and everything else, and the conditions weren't easy."

The game looked to be heading for a penalty shoot-out until Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini nodded home the winner with seconds remaining, and Elliot said he wouldn't have been daunted by the prospect of facing spot kicks on his debut.

"The biggest thing is that we wanted to win, so as long as we won, that was all that mattered, and it didn't matter if it was by extra-time, penalties or whatever," he explained.

"I was just pleased with the win and when Colo scored at the end it was a huge relief. The celebrations were huge. I was trying to stay calm as anything can happen in football, and then you celebrate after once the final whistle has gone."

I'd like to see an angle from behind the first goal, it does look he should have got to it, and the second is really poor goalkeeping, totally committed himself and made it so easy for Derbyshire to shift it to the side and leave a tap in.

Can't get my head round the club's logic on the Harper issue tbh, are they that determined to be c***s?

aye i'd like another view of the first but think you're being a tad harsh on the 2nd.

Thought he struggled tonight, hopefully a lot of nerves and he's not just shite. I quite like the idea of having a left footed back up 'keeper, when Krul first game in after Harper got injured at Everton our central defenders kept passing the ball back to Krul on his right foot and he obviously struggled with that a little.