Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I know that in the end it's only a number but being the traditionalist I am, I would prefer the number 1 being given to our first choice keeper. Harper keeping the number 1 this season is probably out of respect, I don't mind that but I fully expect KRUL 1 next season (or the season after if Harper's still here.....)

Would actually annoy me if I see ELLIOT 1.

Necessary signing, like toilet paper, you don't get excited buying toilet paper but when you have the runs you are sure glad you aren't wiping your arse on your PS3.

:lol: Stunningly perfect metaphor, Caj'.

5 years is my only wonder. As what we assume will be third choice, I would've expected, 2, maybe 3 years. But then, he's probably looking at the resale value, there.

Tbf it must be a pain in the arse signing back up keepers, coming from Charlton he won't be on much so if you can find someone happy to commit to the bench for 5 years it's better than trying to find someone else every other year.

He seems well excited, people say cliches but I actually think he was being genuine. I can imagine the lad is sitting in his hotel now playing back the videos he took of the stadium on his phone :lol:

• 3 weeks later...