Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I literally praised him for winning us the West Ham game, Wallsendmaggy boy.

Bizarre statement when we strolled the match 3-0. He certainly didn't win us that game. We would have won that even if we'd stuck Darlow in there.

Are you on glue ? :lol:

Made a few decent saves but time and time again failed to deal with balls into the six yard box. For the goal he either has to cover his near post or come out and take the fucking lot.

He’s shit.

So is Darlow.

Think it is harsh to attribute blame for the goal. Position seems fine, Sterling did well to make contact/keep on target, but was studs low angle off left foot. Don't think it was placed/any precision about it, but fair play for scoring and what a fucking pass man! Personally I thought Rob E had a good game, again.

Solid today. Great save in the first half.

We still need an upgrade soon though. No idea why it's so difficult for some to wrap their head around. He's poor-average. Good enough for 2nd or 3rd choice. We need an upgrade. But support him when at games.

Wallsendmag on the special brew again, I see.

We have two keepers who are championship level at best. Yet every time Elliot makes a save, he has his fanboys wanking overhow good he is and coming on with ‘I told you so’ posts. Then on the other side of it, you have some fans who seem to be overly critical of everything he does.

I really can’t wait for both to be replaced. Because they are shite and this thread has been pure cringe for the most part! Such an odd subject for people to get so passionate and aggressive about.

He's basically playing to his level which is 'average to not very good'.  He'll make a few good saves and let a few in that he should save aswell but over a season he's not the kind of keeper that's going to have won you many points.  Hopefully in January we can bring in a quality, experienced keeper as No.1 and to mentor Woodman for a season or two.  Make Woodman No.2 and get rid of either blob or Darlow (not bothered which).

I'm no fan of Elliot, but criticism for Sterling's goal is ridiculous - the ball in was perfect, only to be bettered by the finish. Watch it closely, because Sterling strokes it home inch-perfect on the half volley from a ball coming over his shoulder. Elliot was coming across, but was simply beaten by an amazing finish. The technique required to make that finish is other-worldly.

People only come on to back Elliot because he seemingly gets more abuse than should be portioned to him.

Both him and Darlow aren't good enough, but then most of our team aren't. They're playing to the best of their abilities and that's all that matters. That goes for the whole team.

People only come on to back Elliot because he seemingly gets more abuse than should be portioned to him.

Both him and Darlow aren't good enough, but then most of our team aren't. They're playing to the best of their abilities and that's all that matters. That goes for the whole team.

Exactly. Players can't help being shit, the best thing we can do is stick together and back them.

Not saying it makes a huuuuge difference. As I’m sure he’d still not be good enough. But there is no excuse for a pro footballer to be out of shape like Elliot :lol:

I don’t actually mind him, TBH. He clearly loves the area and the fans. Most this squad are quite likeable, despite their flaws.

He warmed on me a lot since about the back end of the Championship season, it's his turbo fanbase that makes him hard to like at this point :lol:

He wasn't too great this season, many wanted him dropped and Darlow in instead given he's the only other real choice (Woodman?), Rafa obviously thought the same. Darlow was even worse so he was brought back in and Elliot Ultras have been lauding it up ever since to the point where I want him replaced on the 1st of January and never heard from again.

EDIT:

FUCK YIS ALLLLLL