Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

At least we have signed someone else though. With Barlow and Alnwick/ woodman older aswel we have decent goalkeeper cover next season. Can we not get behind Elliot in this spell bareing in mind it may be his last? Or should we kick a (fat) man while he is down

I'm getting behind no-one. They can all go fuck themselves.

:lol: :thup:

I don't actually have too much hate for most of our players, even the likes of Gouff I don't think he's to blame for his current ineptitude. Steven Taylor is a bit 'funny' (not of the haha variety) and Colback seems to be a bit of a cunt. This lad though- fucking hell, I absolutely despise Rob Elliott. I really don't get how anyone can reconcile themselves with 'getting behind' a bloke who earlier this very year said to all intents and purposes "It doesn't matter if we play shit, it's only Newcastle United" whilst getting thousands of pounds a week for the privilege.

I don't have much in the way of expectations when it comes to the team or club in general but bloody hell man we deserve and should demand better than that. How low would your self esteem have to get for you to be happy to brush that under the carpet and 'get behind' him.

I concur, Blobby is a shit player, who fully supports the prick in charge, I don't hate him, I hate Pardew for not getting rid of the useless sack of shit and Ashley for not replacing him. We have a few players who are complete dogshit but they only get in the team because Pardew allows them to! It's not their fault they play and I doubt you would turn down a multi-million pound contract because you couldn't kick a ball 5 yards, if someone was to wave the money in front of you, you'll take it and laugh all the way to the bank.

It's clear that brown nosers get far in our club and skill doesn't, that stands at Pardews door and his disgusting way of running(ruining?) a team.

I don't actually have too much hate for most of our players, even the likes of Gouff I don't think he's to blame for his current ineptitude. Steven Taylor is a bit 'funny' (not of the haha variety) and Colback seems to be a bit of a c***. This lad though- f***ing hell, I absolutely despise Rob Elliott. I really don't get how anyone can reconcile themselves with 'getting behind' a bloke who earlier this very year said to all intents and purposes "It doesn't matter if we play s***, it's only Newcastle United" whilst getting thousands of pounds a week for the privilege.

I don't have much in the way of expectations when it comes to the team or club in general but bloody hell man we deserve and should demand better than that. How low would your self esteem have to get for you to be happy to brush that under the carpet and 'get behind' him.

TBF we could all get behind him and there'd still be room in the shade.

So now stories about people having conversations with players in nightclubs are taken as fact word for word....?

Yep. Because it happened.

Although the quotations marks from a previous post definitely weren't said :lol:

So now stories about people having conversations with players in nightclubs are taken as fact word for word....?

Well you wouldn't believe owt like that unless it was a conversation about how much we all owe Ashley.

Well, no-one has said it didn't, and we all know how much the club love to release statements whenever there's a hint of mistruth. At very best, TheGuv has put a wildly inaccurate account of the conversation out there for the evil agenda he obviously holds, and Elliott doesn't even care enough to dispute it or put the record straight. Whatever sand you want to put your head in really.

For me, everytime I see him let a soft as shit goal in down the centre of his goal I just can't get away from the idea that he thinks he's only playing for Newcastle and it's not important. I know that's a bit unfair, but he's let the suggestion get out there and I can't shift it.

Yep. Because it happened.

Although the quotations marks from a previous post definitely weren't said :lol:

:lol: Sorry, for legal reasons I really need to stress that I was paraphrasing the point that I took from that part of the article, and maybe using a little bit of stroppy poetic licence for effect. I was never a big fan of the Harvard referencing system, in case you hadn't guessed!!!

Well, no-one has said it didn't, and we all know how much the club love to release statements whenever there's a hint of mistruth. At very best, TheGuv has put a wildly inaccurate account of the conversation out there for the evil agenda he obviously holds, and Elliott doesn't even care enough to dispute it or put the record straight. Whatever sand you want to put your head in really.

For me, everytime I see him let a soft as shit goal in down the centre of his goal I just can't get away from the idea that he thinks he's only playing for Newcastle and it's not important. I know that's a bit unfair, but he's let the suggestion get out there and I can't shift it.

Eh I'm not sure if I read the same thing- is there a link? What I read said he thought we should be a top 8/9 team... Which pretty much is what we should be surely with this lack of investment , surely he was being a realist... Do you have a link to the bit that you mean?

For me, everytime I see him let a soft as s*** goal in down the centre of his goal I just can't get away from the idea that he thinks he's only playing for Newcastle and it's not important. I know that's a bit unfair, but he's let the suggestion get out there and I can't shift it.

Eh I'm not sure if I read the same thing- is there a link? What I read said he thought we should be a top 8/9 team... Which pretty much is what we should be surely with this lack of investment , surely he was being a realist... Do you have a link to the bit that you mean?

"His argument was that the Newcastle fans think they deserve to be in the Champions League by rights and we need to know our level. I disagreed.

‘Where should we be then?’ he asked.

I replied that just a bit of fight, belief and trying to play games with attacking intent could secure a higher PL finish than we’ll ever achieve with cowardly football and tactics.

‘Na’, he says. ‘8th or 9th is our level."

(copied and pasted, so for the record I have correctly used quotation marks this time!)

In isolation I wouldn't disagree that 8th or 9th is our level with this squad. However, to paraphrase Chris Rock It's the context in which it is said which is important. The context being that this is on the back of an appalling run of form which has seen us plummet from a very positive position of 5th to around 10th by getting beat lots to nil every week. The context that the person saying this is a professional footballer in the team, who it seems has decided to use an insulting old-hat cliche about fans expectations to absolve himself and his horrible manager of any responsibility and imply that such a run of results is fine because it's only Newcastle. I'd expect a player of the club to want do do as well as possible, finish as high as they can etc.

That's why I find it hard to stomach. By all means feel free to go to the match singing 'Rob Elliotts black and white army', but I won't be joining in.

For me, everytime I see him let a soft as s*** goal in down the centre of his goal I just can't get away from the idea that he thinks he's only playing for Newcastle and it's not important. I know that's a bit unfair, but he's let the suggestion get out there and I can't shift it.

"His argument was that the Newcastle fans think they deserve to be in the Champions League by rights and we need to know our level. I disagreed.

‘Where should we be then?’ he asked.

I replied that just a bit of fight, belief and trying to play games with attacking intent could secure a higher PL finish than we’ll ever achieve with cowardly football and tactics.

‘Na’, he says. ‘8th or 9th is our level."

(copied and pasted, so for the record I have correctly used quotation marks this time!)

In isolation I wouldn't disagree that 8th or 9th is our level with this squad. However, to paraphrase Chris Rock It's the context in which it is said which is important. The context being that this is on the back of an appalling run of form which has seen us plummet from a very positive position of 5th to around 10th by getting beat lots to nil every week. The context that the person saying this is a professional footballer in the team, who it seems has decided to use an insulting old-hat cliche about fans expectations to absolve himself and his horrible manager of any responsibility and imply that such a run of results is fine because it's only Newcastle. I'd expect a player of the club to want do do as well as possible, finish as high as they can etc.

That's why I find it hard to stomach. By all means feel free to go to the match singing 'Rob Elliotts black and white army', but I won't be joining in.

Ah right I see now what you mean.... He is probably just making a flippant comment as he's been cornered into this off the cuff conversation and may have had drink taken so maybe wasn't meant to be unprofessional / rude to the fans but you never know.

All in all I think the sub keeper is the least of the worrys and any vitriol should be sent to ashley

Guest Bert Shaft

Dunno what our win ratio is with the modern day Fatty Foulkes in goal but if we've won more than 1 game in 6 when he playsl I would be surprised.

http://goalkeepermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/fatty2.jpg