Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

John Anderson singing his praises on Total sport now.

Steve Harper was on the phone singing his praises as well, saying what a great positive lad he was and how he'd been outstanding when he'd came in the last time there was an injury crisis.

He mentioned Southampton where I think we got dicked 4 - 0 but do seem to recall that it would have been about 10 - 0 as Elliott did play a blinder.

How long before the Blob gets knackered? I am guessing it won't be long.

Just seems to be a matter of when.  The following is on the Chronicle website today

"Concerningly for the Magpies, there is scope for their injury problems to get worse as they monitor an old injury sustained by Elliot last season.

With Karl Darlow out injured for another month with an ankle problem, Newcastle are keeping a close eye on Elliot’s thigh after he picked up an injury last December which required surgery.

Elliot broke down with the problem again in April, and Newcastle know they are just one more injury setback away from a goalkeeping crisis."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-set-offered-french-international-10260011

Alnwick made my eyes bleed.  I cannot believe how s**** he was. Felt absolutely sorry for the lad - he should have been NOWHERE near a premiership first team! You can blame our shower of a management structure for that, not him.

Nah f*ck him. He whinged on about not being given more of a chance of first team football here and said young, English Keepers like him don't get a fair crack of the whip in the PL. He genuinely thought he was good enough.

How long before the Blob gets knackered? I am guessing it won't be long.

Just seems to be a matter of when.  The following is on the Chronicle website today

"Concerningly for the Magpies, there is scope for their injury problems to get worse as they monitor an old injury sustained by Elliot last season.

With Karl Darlow out injured for another month with an ankle problem, Newcastle are keeping a close eye on Elliot’s thigh after he picked up an injury last December which required surgery.

Elliot broke down with the problem again in April, and Newcastle know they are just one more injury setback away from a goalkeeping crisis."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-set-offered-french-international-10260011

:lol:

It's 2015 and Rob Elliot is about to be our goalkeeper for the foreseeable future. If that's not a goalkeeping crisis then I don't know what is.