Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Any news about how long he will be out?

After the way he spoke about the fans and licked Pardews hoop, I hope he never makes a recovery. It's players like him who are prepared to settle for nothing and never wanting to win things whilst happy to pick up his wages that is wrong with football.

maybe because pardew gave him the chance to play 2 leagues higher then his talent should be allowed...

Any news about how long he will be out?

After the way he spoke about the fans and licked Pardews hoop, I hope he never makes a recovery. It's players like him who are prepared to settle for nothing and never wanting to win things whilst happy to pick up his wages that is wrong with football.

Summed up my feelings about Elliot perfectly. Arsehole has no respect for the club he plays for.

Guest firetotheworks

So now stories about people having conversations with players in nightclubs are taken as fact word for word....?

Well, no-one has said it didn't, and we all know how much the club love to release statements whenever there's a hint of mistruth. At very best, TheGuv has put a wildly inaccurate account of the conversation out there for the evil agenda he obviously holds, and Elliott doesn't even care enough to dispute it or put the record straight. Whatever sand you want to put your head in really.

For me, everytime I see him let a soft as s*** goal in down the centre of his goal I just can't get away from the idea that he thinks he's only playing for Newcastle and it's not important. I know that's a bit unfair, but he's let the suggestion get out there and I can't shift it.

Eh I'm not sure if I read the same thing- is there a link? What I read said he thought we should be a top 8/9 team... Which pretty much is what we should be surely with this lack of investment , surely he was being a realist... Do you have a link to the bit that you mean?

"His argument was that the Newcastle fans think they deserve to be in the Champions League by rights and we need to know our level. I disagreed.

‘Where should we be then?’ he asked.

I replied that just a bit of fight, belief and trying to play games with attacking intent could secure a higher PL finish than we’ll ever achieve with cowardly football and tactics.

‘Na’, he says. ‘8th or 9th is our level."

(copied and pasted, so for the record I have correctly used quotation marks this time!)

In isolation I wouldn't disagree that 8th or 9th is our level with this squad. However, to paraphrase Chris Rock It's the context in which it is said which is important. The context being that this is on the back of an appalling run of form which has seen us plummet from a very positive position of 5th to around 10th by getting beat lots to nil every week. The context that the person saying this is a professional footballer in the team, who it seems has decided to use an insulting old-hat cliche about fans expectations to absolve himself and his horrible manager of any responsibility and imply that such a run of results is fine because it's only Newcastle. I'd expect a player of the club to want do do as well as possible, finish as high as they can etc.

That's why I find it hard to stomach. By all means feel free to go to the match singing 'Rob Elliotts black and white army', but I won't be joining in.

Ah right I see now what you mean.... He is probably just making a flippant comment as he's been cornered into this off the cuff conversation and may have had drink taken so maybe wasn't meant to be unprofessional / rude to the fans but you never know.

All in all I think the sub keeper is the least of the worrys and any vitriol should be sent to ashley

Funny how your benefit of the doubt is always exclusively one-sided.

As far as I'm concerned Elliot is Ashley, Pardew is Ashley, Woodman is Ashley, Beardsley is Ashley. Anyone in support of Ashley cannot be excused when they're happy to be a part of it. Fuck them, every single one of them.

Who the fucks gonna buy Krul tho. You need a team out there to need a keeper for starters and generally teams don't go mental spending for keepers. Reckon we'd get £6-8 million for Krul at an absolute maximum tbh even if there was a buyer, maybe after 2012 you'd have got more for him but not right now.

Not denying we might sell him, like, just that its not a particularly lucrative position to cash in on.

Lloris to a 'big'club, Krul to Spurs.

Really annoyed at this. How in the fuck do you get injured kicking a ball on your second start of the season? It's one of the only things he probably practices every single day yet he gets injured performing the simplest task possible in a game of football. Such a fucking fat moron.

Really annoyed at this. How in the fuck do you get injured kicking a ball on your second start of the season? It's one of the only things he probably practices every single day yet he gets injured performing the simplest task possible in a game of football. Such a fucking fat moron.

:lol:

Yeah, goalkeepers generally don't go for that much.  Think Buffon is still the most expensive at about £30m (?) but after him I can't think of many that have gone for even £20m.  De Gea maybe?  That Chelsea lad?

Think we'd be lucky to get £10m for Krul.

Toldo went for a pretty penny around the same time as Buffon, iirc??

I actually agree with the point that it's generally not a lucrative position to cash in on, especially when you think of the amount of points having a top notch keeper vs a decent one will win you over a season.

However I don't believe Ashley would have sanctioned the Darlow signing unless he's already decided to sell and let's face it, Elliott ain't going anywhere.

Not beyond the realms of possibility Krul put in a transfer request in the summer and they came to a deal to sell him next summer a la Cabaye.

I wouldn't be surprised if Darlow's ability has been overstated tbh. Championship is doggers and he's never played at England yoof level. There's a chance he might not be all that, Charlton fans rated Elliot after all.

Aye, he's not really stood out so far. It's pretty worrying in all honesty.

I wouldn't be surprised if Darlow's ability has been overstated tbh. Championship is doggers and he's never played at England yoof level. There's a chance he might not be all that, Charlton fans rated Elliot after all.

Aye, he's not really stood out so far. It's pretty worrying in all honesty.

Well not if the sale of krul is just made up

I got talking to an air stewardess - or whatever the term is for a male who pushes the trolley and tells folk to fasten seatbelts - on the way to Florida in August who happened to be a Forest fan and couldn't have given a more favourable appraisal of Darlow. Said he was a brilliant keeper and was gutted to be losing him.

I got talking to an air stewardess - or whatever the term is for a male who pushes the trolley and tells folk to fasten seatbelts - on the way to Florida in August who happened to be a Forest fan and couldn't have given a more favourable appraisal of Darlow. Said he was a brilliant keeper and was gutted to be losing him.

:lol: :lol: flight attendant or steward , man :lol: shit that was good

:lol: :lol: flight attendant or steward , man :lol: shit that was good

They're called Cabin Crew these days tbh.

Bruce, Lance or Julian usually.

• 4 months later...