Sunderland 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

They've been well on top. Loads more desire in pressing and closing down, and they've passed it around pretty well. We're hanging on really.

Blatant red card and penalty though, they must be pissing themselves at that.

Seriously, what is this utter bullshit?  The team setup is awful. Barton in the middle? f*** off man.

It's what happens when you have a no-mark manager like Pardew in charge. Give this same group of players to someone who can actually coach, like Keegan, and we'd be confidently knocking the ball around on the deck with players moving into space/showing for the ball.

They've only slightly shaded that half in terms of pressure, but on chances they should be ahead.

Fuming though that it could potentially have been 1-0 Ameobi with the mackems down to 10 men with 75 minutes left, the officials need to spot incidents like that or they need technological help.  It's not good enough.

Guest johnson293

0-0. Despite the blatant pelanty we should have had, I'll take that based on the rest of the half.

^ This

Ameobi and Krul having good games. Others playing far too casually.

Tiote, for whatever reason (shite pre-season etc), has looked shocking.

Lucky to be level (even with the penalty/red). Sunderland looking a very good side, tbf.

Obertan been a little anonymous. Still no real bridge between defence and attack.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Must be a much better performance second half. I'm not looking forward to this 2nd half =(. I have faith in our players none the less COME ON NEWCASTLE!!

Shola's not having a bad game, it's just utterly pointless having him up there on his own. We need to shape up cos the game's there for the taking. They've been very wasteful, in spite of our ball-watching antics.

Long way to go in this one. Howay.

Get Ba and Best on for Ameobi and Obertan.

Shola hasn't been that poor.

I dont say much against Shola. But that offside miss was the most amateurish positioning ive seen in a long time, he could see right across the defence & had ages.