Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Just popped up on SSN ticker. :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

SSN sources :lol:

:lol:

In all seriousness, they won't put 'Newcastle in talks with Inter Milan defender Davide Santon' on their ticker if it was just a rumour. They certainly do their bit when it comes to rumours, but they generally save the ticker for facts.

Watched him couple of times for Inter and Italy, looked really promising and had great composure. I'm just not sure why Inter are letting him go when people were saying he's the next Maldini when he came on the scenes. :lol: Just seems a bit odd, I sincerely hope this isn't another case of Oba Martins then. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

All this wanking shit, man. Getting excited by names, it's fucking nuts. How many times have you seen them play?

lol he mad

I actually am. It's nonsense man. It's happened with Maiga, Cissokho, Roux, Pieters and now this kid. Fair play, this one may have been seen by a few more people after playing for Inter. But posting lineups and the wanking smiley, having no idea what the player is like, is just sad as fuck. It's been all summer, and it's pissed me off the whole time.

Santon had a good impact three years ago when he was used as an emergency replacement for Chivu as LB, although being a RB in the Primavera squad. Since then he has been atrocious, he was publicly criticized by Mourinho because of his effort in training and he looked very conceited.

Last year Benitez hardly let him play, so he was loaned out to Cesena, but even there (a very weak team) he was used as a LB sub for Lauro (very poor player).

The fact that he is apparently going either  to Newcastle or to Roma, the two teams i support, makes me sick. Actually, if he grew up he would be a good player, the problem is that he has always looked like a c**t.

I'd prefer Shane Ferguson to play as a LB and get experience, to be honest, rather than Santon

(p.s. I'm Italian, so please be lenient with my english writing)

:undecided:

Wow. I've officially never been more excited for a signing right about now.

All this wanking shit, man. Getting excited by names, it's fucking nuts. How many times have you seen them play?

lol he mad

I actually am. It's nonsense man. It's happened with Maiga, Cissokho, Roux, Pieters and now this kid. Fair play, this one may have been seen by a few more people after playing for Inter. But posting lineups and the wanking smiley, having no idea what the player is like, is just sad as fuck. It's been all summer, and it's pissed me off the whole time.

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/troll-sad-troll-face.png

Dont like the title- Should be : Sources : Davide Santon expected in Newcastle to discuss Personal terms and for Medical

What about "Reports: Davide Santon expected to go to the airport, get on a plane, fly to Newcastle, claim his baggage, get into a car, travel to St James Park, undergo a medical, enter the negotiation room, agree terms and sign a deal"? ;)

Hearing that we're in talks isn't a good sign :( When has talking with Llambais ever worked :(

:lol: Understand this completely. I wait for the move to break down when I hear we're in talks. I pray I'm going to sign on one morning and a signing will have been made. What with how fast our board seem to work with transfers, whenever there's been time for the media to find out we're in talks with a player, it generally seems it's dragged on for too long and we probably won't sign him.

Dont like the title- Should be : Sources : Davide Santon expected in Newcastle to discuss Personal terms and for Medical

What about "Reports: Davide Santon expected to go to the airport, get on a plane, fly to Newcastle, claim his baggage, get into a car, travel to St James Park, undergo a medical, enter the negotiation room, agree terms and sign a deal"? ;)

That'll be mint :lol:

What about "Reports: Davide Santon expected to go to the airport, get on a plane, fly to Newcastle, claim his baggage, get into a car, travel to St James Park, undergo a medical, enter the negotiation room, agree terms and sign a deal only for us to withdraw our offer when he asks for a Greggs pasty as his signing on fee"? ;)

Why in God's name have we never had thread titles like this before if it can fit??? Fucking mods, man. Need to get this shit together tbh.