Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

His heading is also top notch if you ask me. Wins most of the balls, often due to better positioning and anticipation, and actually manage to pass the ball to a team mate rather than just heading it and praying for the best.

His heading is also top notch if you ask me. Wins most of the balls, often due to better positioning and anticipation, and actually manage to pass the ball to a team mate rather than just heading it and praying for the best.

I die a little every time this happens. Always happens in our own box, we just head tamely to the outside of the box and usually to an opposition player. Its akin to Krul just pumping the ball down field or the Williamson donkey rocket, when they could pass it simply and keep possession, then even think about building an attack. 

I die a little every time this happens. Always happens in our own box, we just head tamely to the outside of the box and usually to an opposition player. Its akin to Krul just pumping the ball down field or the Williamson donkey rocket, when they could pass it simply and keep possession, then even think about building an attack. 

This...

Remember willo tried it, don't remember who it was against on the top of my head but everybody was screaming at him to hoof it as he was rather endangering the whole team to concede a chance against us.

Wow, one post and he's gone.

VegasToon, would've thought you were in Tucson or Las Vegas.  I'm in Santa Cruz.

Live in both, but now Sacramento.

Class - have you met The Mentalist?  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

I proper love Santon like. So, so comfortable on the ball and looks a lot better defensively. This 433 looks like it suits everyone.

Assured and solid performance from Davide today :thup:

Would still like to see him get a runout at RB but he's done so well at LB recently. As Rich said in the "transfer rumours thread", if we, for whatever reason, don't bring in a new LB, then just let Santon continue his development there (while at the same time, we sign a new first choice RB, Debuchy's been mentioned a lot recently).