Federico Macheda on loan?

jdckelly

mackem can have him , they like manure players anyway  :troll:

I was just thinking... I remember laughing hard at the mackems signing Brown and O'Shea, Man Utd reserves... and yet we could be sitting there with Obertan and Macheda :lol:

I was just thinking... I remember laughing hard at the mackems signing Brown and O'Shea, Man Utd reserves... and yet we could be sitting there with Obertan and Macheda :lol:

At least they would be young manure players!

:joey:

I don't understand this one, one bit. Why get a player who (I fucking hope) is only going to sit around waiting for a chance, when he could do the same at Man U? This is as stupid for us as it would be for the mackems. We need a player who we can try and get in the first team right now and give us some goals. Preferably a player of our own. Not a kid from Man U to give him experience for Man U's benefit.

Which of us has the most amount of Man U rejects? Quite depressing that I have to ask, tbh. :lol:

I don't understand this one, one bit. Why get a player who (I fucking hope) is only going to sit around waiting for a chance, when he could do the same at Man U? This is as stupid for us as it would be for the mackems. We need a player who we can try and get in the first team right now and give us some goals. Preferably a player of our own. Not a kid from Man U to give him experience for Man U's benefit.

we need a striker, we're running out of ideas stick random loan bid in for Man U reserve hoping he'll be competent

Saw him twice in pre-season looked excellent tbh, was best player on the pitch for the first game. Decent passing range, technique and control think he has all the tools to be very decent in the premiership.

Would be more than happy to take him in addition to Maiga. Does seem as stupid as the Rossi deal though. I don't think he is experienced or developed enough to lead the line for us. Would be an upgrade on Lovenkrands and fight it out with the rest. Experience will surely be the only winner though and it will be a wasted loan.

it's gonna start getting pretty worrying if we haven't brought a striker in before fulham. i can see them just sacking it off and waiting til january, then bringing in someone totally average on loan.

If it gets to deadline day, or just before, we will go in for Macheda or loan.

My guess is that we have sounded him out as back up, if the others fall through.

Looks like the Maiga bid has hit the rocks. No idea if the interest was ever serious about Roux, if we don't go back in for him then it's Macheda I would guess.

Guest bmoregeordie

My guess is that we have sounded him out as back up, if the others fall through.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

Probably insurance if Maigo/Sturridge/whoever don't come through.

This side needs depth. Good play.

I'm sorry, but even if this guy is being sounded out as 'back up' it's still not fucking good enough. I echo the earlier sentiments of others - this lot need shooting with shite if after 8 months we have to resort to Macheda. Absolutely not good enough. Incompetence of the highest order.

I don't understand this one, one bit. Why get a player who (I f***ing hope) is only going to sit around waiting for a chance, when he could do the same at Man U? This is as stupid for us as it would be for the mackems. We need a player who we can try and get in the first team right now and give us some goals. Preferably a player of our own. Not a kid from Man U to give him experience for Man U's benefit.

Which of us has the most amount of Man U rejects? Quite depressing that I have to ask, tbh. :lol:

Newcastle   -  Simpson , Smith , Obertan

Sunderland -  Bardsley , Brown , Campbell , Richardson , O'Shea

Guest Haris Vuckic

Macheda is a very good player he's getting a lot of stick because of his time at Sampdoria where he had literally no service

Macheda is a very good player he's getting a lot of stick because of his time at Sampdoria where he had literally no service

or he just looked good when playing for Man Utd who create thousands of chances

It's not so much that I don't rate him.  I think he's a talented youngster, a bit unproven at this level mind.  I just don't see the point in improving a player from another team in the league.  People will complain that we didn't play him enough (Rossi), or he'll just fuck off back to Man U at the end of the season and look decent for them (Welbeck).

We really should have had our own striker in a long time ago.  It's likely that Macheda will just take the place of Sammy or Vuckic on the bench and hinder their development.

At least with Sturridge you know you'll get goals and he'd start every week, and if we got PVA we'd have a chance of signing him at the end of the loan.  Probably the only two loan deals I'd be keen on.

Would people prefer if we went for Bendtner instead? He's a better striker but not going to provide us with pace off a front man, which is what we need IMO. Might be why we are considering Macheda as he is more the type we are looking to bring in, if not the quality we expected.

Promising young player, will be furious if this is the only striker we bring in before the deadline though.

We've had 7 months and 35m to sort this out with, if the only striker we end up with from this is a free transfer with massive injury concerns it'll be a shambles.