Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Ogbonna is one of the highest rated CB's in Italy right now, basically all the Italy big guns want him i doubt we would have a chance lol even if the price was in our range.

Would love it mind.

He was, but he's 24 now coming up and still hasn't made the jump. I think the big clubs in Italy are a bit wary about him.

Ogbonna is one of the highest rated CB's in Italy right now, basically all the Italy big guns want him i doubt we would have a chance lol even if the price was in our range.

Would love it mind.

He was, but he's 24 now coming up and still hasn't made the jump. I think the big clubs in Italy are a bit wary about him.

Yh thats true, does'nt stop italian mates raving about him being the black cannavaro mind  :lol:

How long are the squad away for ?

If I was Pards I would want to be here pushing for transfers, only 8 days left i the transfer window, I know he does not have to be here for deals to be done but surely anyone who is in talks about a move here would want to meet the manager.

How long are the squad away for ?

If I was Pards I would want to be here pushing for transfers, only 8 days left i the transfer window, I know he does not have to be here for deals to be done but surely anyone who is in talks about a move here would want to meet the manager.

Think I read they get back on Wednesday

• 2 weeks later...

Clyne and Douglas too. Would take all four of them without a doubt

Do we really need two wingers lol? iam all for taking Clyne and Douglas tho will improve our defense dramatically......

Taking one of Hoilett/Barnetta, Clyne and Douglas for nothing would be awesome......

Think we might have to concentrate on contracts rather than signings, don't expect too much business next window, couple of frees at the most.

Guthrie, Colo & Ba need sorting ASAP while getting deals for Krul and Simpson would be nice as well.

Would people be happy with that? No real movements, all funds gone towards new contracts?

Think we might have to concentrate on contracts rather than signings, don't expect too much business next window, couple of frees at the most.

Guthrie, Colo & Ba need sorting ASAP while getting deals for Krul and Simpson would be nice as well.

Would people be happy with that? No real movements, all funds gone towards new contracts?

Not really, no. If we make it into Europe (which at this point has to be the aim) then we'll need a bigger squad to stand the extra games. Not sure a few freebies will cut it.

Not really, no. If we make it into Europe (which at this point has to be the aim) then we'll need a bigger squad to stand the extra games. Not sure a few freebies will cut it.

I suppose Harper, loven and smith gone should be enough for our wage bill to stand still while signing these new deals, but I just don't see us doing much business because of it, in Ashleys eyes I think he'll have done enough, Europe or not.

Depends on how much truth is in this new youth policy and us doing another recruitment drive, if that goes ahead there'll be no signings at all.

if we get Clyne, Douglas and Barnetta on frees then I wouldn't be overly bothered if we spent nothing as long as we sorted the necessary existing contracts out and kept everyone (apart from the obvious departures)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2096826/Alan-Pardew-hails-new-signing-Papiss-Cisse.html

Pardew said: 'In my career, I have been lucky with strikers in debuts, and that's struck again today.

'I am really pleased because it's a big investment for the club.

'While Mike [Ashley] sanctioned it and Mike is the owner and [managing director] Derek [Llambias] had to see the deal through, it's fans' money.

'I have got to spend fans' money here - if we don't get anyone coming into the stadium, we haven't got any money, so I like to spend it well.

'We have worked hard on that, we have taken our time and we hope we got it right. He has had a great start today, [but] that's all at the moment.'

Interesting comment from Pardew. Sounds like 'the Carroll money' is long gone tbh.

'The Carroll Money' is an imaginary concept anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

:lol: Was he an imaginary player too?

Seems like it since his Liverpool performances :troll:

I think we could do well from free transfers tbh, The players Smal mentioned would be a big improvement (Douglas isn't a free though, swap with Samba ;))

If we could get some of-

Samba

Hoillet

Clyne

Barnetta

Taiwo

On the cheap we will really move on imo.

Just thought I'd post it if people are expecting us to spend £20m on new players in the summer because that money is 'still there'. If we can get the players we want/need then it won't matter, but I can't see us splashing out like that unless one of our first team departs. I think the Carroll money has been spent paying off part of the debt to Ashley tbh.

Anyway fuck transfers, can't be arsed. :lol:

I know what you mean Dave, I can't see us spending really big money. If we do get Europe the purse strings might loosen a bit, but I'd more expect to see three signings around £4m or so, to bolster our glaring weaknesses.

Although I didn't expect us to go and spend the money on Cisse, so I know fuck all.

I don't actually think we need to spend much to move quite a lot forward. A decent LB, centre half and A.N.Other squaddy shouldn't be too much.

Wouldn't shock me if Ben Arfa is binned off in the summer n all.

Quite frankly i dont consider finances a major issue. ( ofcourse it would be nice to have more) But as proven over the last couple of years we can get some fantastic players on the cheap, also as already posted in this thread theres an abundance of quality available in the summer who is out of contract......

We dont need alot to meet our goals mainly due to our fantastic scouts  :smug: