Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

if we get Clyne, Douglas and Barnetta on frees then I wouldn't be overly bothered if we spent nothing as long as we sorted the necessary existing contracts out and kept everyone (apart from the obvious departures)

If we get all of these players, I'd be well chuffed.

Just suspend your disbelief for a moment and imagine what the build-up to summer would be like if we actually finished 4th.

We could replace "The Carroll Money" with a brand new concept: "The CL Money"

The excuse would be not spending until we've played the qualifier.

Just suspend your disbelief for a moment and imagine what the build-up to summer would be like if we actually finished 4th.

Given the sneaky, underhanded way we usually operate, I'd think we'd try to get as many players in as possible under the pretense of CL football before we played the qualifier.

Given the sneaky, underhanded way we usually operate, I'd think we'd try to get as many players in as possible under the pretense of CL football before we played the qualifier.

whats sneaky or underhanded ?

whats sneaky or underhanded ?

Not literally sneaky or underhanded, but we do try to take advantage of everything little thing we can.

If Swansea don't buy Sigurdsson I'd love to see him here, depending on the price. A Tiote-Cabaye-Sigurdsson midfield could be brilliant.

We should be making enquiring already. Quality player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2096826/Alan-Pardew-hails-new-signing-Papiss-Cisse.html

Pardew said: 'In my career, I have been lucky with strikers in debuts, and that's struck again today.

'I am really pleased because it's a big investment for the club.

'While Mike [Ashley] sanctioned it and Mike is the owner and [managing director] Derek [Llambias] had to see the deal through, it's fans' money.

'I have got to spend fans' money here - if we don't get anyone coming into the stadium, we haven't got any money, so I like to spend it well.

'We have worked hard on that, we have taken our time and we hope we got it right. He has had a great start today, [but] that's all at the moment.'

Interesting comment from Pardew. Sounds like 'the Carroll money' is long gone tbh.

The quote in the Independant is similar but for me shows he is not making a point that the only money left for such a deal is from new money or stadium revenue, simply trying to include us and emphasising his responsibility to us as he often does.

"It's a big investment for the club. Although Mike [Ashley] sanctioned it and Derek [Llambias] had to see the deal through' date=' I have to spend the fans' money. I like to spend it well. We worked hard on that and we took our time. We hope we've got it right."[/quote']

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2096826/Alan-Pardew-hails-new-signing-Papiss-Cisse.html

Pardew said: 'In my career, I have been lucky with strikers in debuts, and that's struck again today.

'I am really pleased because it's a big investment for the club.

'While Mike [Ashley] sanctioned it and Mike is the owner and [managing director] Derek [Llambias] had to see the deal through, it's fans' money.

'I have got to spend fans' money here - if we don't get anyone coming into the stadium, we haven't got any money, so I like to spend it well.

'We have worked hard on that, we have taken our time and we hope we got it right. He has had a great start today, [but] that's all at the moment.'

Interesting comment from Pardew. Sounds like 'the Carroll money' is long gone tbh.

The quote in the Independant is similar but for me shows he is not making a point that the only money left for such a deal is from new money or stadium revenue, simply trying to include us and emphasising his responsibility to us as he often does.

"It's a big investment for the club. Although Mike [Ashley] sanctioned it and Derek [Llambias] had to see the deal through' date=' I have to spend the fans' money. I like to spend it well. We worked hard on that and we took our time. We hope we've got it right."[/quote']

Eh, it's exactly the same just without that line about only having money to spend if we get good gates. :lol:

As I said earlier I don't really care, I only posted it for the benefit of those who think we might still have decent money remaining from the Carroll sale to spend in the summer.

BLACKBURN will lose prized asset Junior Hoilett for a maximum of £675,000 if he moves to Bayern Munich.

Rovers hope to land a fee in the region of £6million for the forward, who looks set to leave when his contract expires at the end of the season.

But the German giants are interested and they can get Hoilett, 21, on the cheap.

FIFA rules say clubs are entitled to 'training costs' of 90,000 Euros a year if a player under 23 moves to a different country.

Hoilett has been with Blackburn for nine years, meaning Bayern would pay just 810,000 Euros if they make a move — currently £675,000 in sterling.

And that is the most Steve Kean's strugglers would net as to get that figure Rovers would have to be classed as a Category One club.

Blackburn have not given up hope of agreeing new terms with Hoilett, a target for Newcastle, Bolton and Tottenham.

However, the Canadian has shown no intention of signing the deal that has been offered.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4114903/Bayern-can-nick-Hoilett-on-cheap.html

Guest VaVaVoom

I think two defensive recruitments are essential. M'biwa and Pieters for about £12mil. Possibly another option out wide...Barnetta on a free? And another striker...I would love to get De Jong or Derdiyok.

Pieters 6mil

M'Biwa 6mil

Barnetta FREE

De Jong 10mil

I think two defensive recruitments are essential. M'biwa and Pieters for about £12mil. Possibly another option out wide...Barnetta on a free? And another striker...I would love to get De Jong or Derdiyok.

Pieters 6mil

M'Biwa 6mil

Barnetta FREE

De Jong 10mil

I assume you think Ba will go? otherwise i dont see the sense in splashing out on another striker........

Definitely agree with Ketsbaia, definitely need a back up to Tiote none of moving Cabaye there or playing Perch as the first back up crap.......

What i want to see is all the best players staying........

CB, DM , FB, Winger and will have a squad to compete on all fronts imo, barring a crisis.

I'd rather not sell any of our best players tbh.

I'll actually be amazed if, at the end of the summer transfer window, we end up selling none of our best players. Would be a sign of progress methinks.

(Though guess it all depends on where we finish this season).

I'm not sure what will happen tbh, that was more in reference to the post above and the money some seem to expect we could spend.

Ah right, yeah there's no chance of us spending £20 million+ in any transfer window, let alone this summer.