Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Shame Dempseys not a bit younger, would be a class buy for someone in our position. Only a year left on his contract.

He'd still be a class buy any way (Ashley might give Pardew one 'old' signing like that after this season).

When did we confirm Cabaye, was it straight after Lille's final match?

Cabaye himself confirmed it on the last day of the season after they won the title and a reporter went up to him.

Guest VaVaVoom

I hear Joey Barton may be heading off from QPR after one season. Bit of a temperament on him but a hell of a player in there somewhere. Worth a punt?

:lol:

He really is an idiot. 10 game ban you reckon?

Not that daft cunt again. Might start dishing out random bans Hitler-style to people who post his wank.

Please. Will be a lot easier than 'omg look at what this cunt that I don't believe has just posted.

Hope It's true mind'.

Cani's canny, actually. Can play both wings too, but he's getting on a bit (will be 32 this year)

Borja Valero will probably sign for one of Atlético/Valencia, most surely. Class midfielder, would be starting for Spain any other time, but chose a bad generation.

Rossi's great, but will probably go to a CL club, and you're sorted upfront anyway.

Nilmar's as lazy as he is talented.

De Guzmán has been strangely ostracized this season, despite their woes. I rate him but probably not a player you need.

Wouldn't touch their defence with a bargepole, this season. Musacchio, Marchena, Zapata... all reputed players that have struggled mightily.

Cani's canny, actually. Can play both wings too, but he's getting on a bit (will be 32 this year)

Borja Valero will probably sign for one of Atlético/Valencia, most surely. Class midfielder, would be starting for Spain any other time, but chose a bad generation.

Rossi's great, but will probably go to a CL club, and you're sorted upfront anyway.

Nilmar's as lazy as he is talented.

De Guzmán has been strangely ostracized this season, despite their woes. I rate him but probably not a player you need.

Wouldn't touch their defence with a bargepole, this season. Musacchio, Marchena, Zapata... all reputed players that have struggled mightily.

Aye, pretty much exactly what I thought. For such a decent team relegated there's disappointly not that many suitable scraps to be picked for us.

Would anyone take Yakubu? He would be relatively cheap and is a proven goalscorer. Not sure what his ACN commitments are but if he isn't involved it would take the weight off with Cisse and Ba going. Would also allow us to rest players for the Euro games etc...

Would anyone take Yakubu? He would be relatively cheap and is a proven goalscorer. Not sure what his ACN commitments are but if he isn't involved it would take the weight off with Cisse and Ba going. Would also allow us to rest players for the Euro games etc...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/EPHorn/not-sure-if-serious.jpg