Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Both of them are very good prospects, top pros and athletes. Kolbeinn just got injured yet again and is a bit of a crock whereas Alfreð is a lot more steady. His goal haul is amazing also given the fact he doesn't really play in a good team in the Dutch league. He isn't very quick but he hounds and harrasses and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, he also doesn't need many chances to score. Kolbeinn has more to his all round game and barely loses a ball in the air but as previously said does get injured a lot. Sadly I can see his carreer drifting away like his brothers carreer. For me Alfreð would be a rational choice and would also be a lot cheaper than Kolbeinn.

Guest frazernufc

My mate signed some lad called Aleksandar Mitrovic for Hull on our FM network season, he looks class and is a wonderkid on there. We're listed as one of his favoured club he supported, I know its FM but they usually get these favourite club things right. So I looked him up on wikipedia and Anderlecht signed him this season for 5million euros, hes got 6 goals in 8 this season and scored for Serbia againt Italy. He turned 19 in September so if he actually is decent could be someone we could look at probably not now but in the summer will probably be worth around 8million though.

Guest frazernufc

I know its pretty stupid to go off fm, but it just got me looking at him. Doesnt seem bad and got named one of top under 19 players by some UEFA reporters, obviously im not desperately wanting us to sign him just thought id mention him as someone worth scouting/keeping an eye on.

Is he even motivated to do a winter loan or is it all just pressure from Klinsmann? It seems weird to make the huge decision to go back home and stop what was a good career in England (for an American) only to return a few months later for a short period of time. It's different from Donovan, he never got the chance to play in the Premier League and wanted to prove that he could. It's not like Dempsey is fighting to make the World Cup squad, you'd figure he'd just want to take it easy and not worry about getting hurt. I'd stay away from him.

Is he even motivated to do a winter loan or is it all just pressure from Klinsmann? It seems weird to make the huge decision to go back home and stop what was a good career in England (for an American) only to return a few months later for a short period of time. It's different from Donovan, he never got the chance to play in the Premier League and wanted to prove that he could. It's not like Dempsey is fighting to make the World Cup squad, you'd figure he'd just want to take it easy and not worry about getting hurt. I'd stay away from him.

He had a loan clause written into his Sounders contract. Considering he hasn't been in the best form since moving to Seattle, I'd feel much better with him getting regular playing time during the offseason. Especially in a World Cup year. It's not as though he's burnt out either, having rested all summer with Spurs.

Fulham or Aston Villa seem the most likely landing spots. I'll be surprised if he comes here.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Gomis will be another drawn out affair where he will probably end up at Westham on stupid wages. The French contingent here may lure him in but money usually wins.

Remy signed, Cisse to QPR on loan, Gomis in and a CB would be a good window.