Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Can't see much money being made in Asia with what must be 99% of fans wearing fake strips.

TV money? What are the actual cash benefits?

BTW it was Beckham that took Manure to the next level in Asia.

Look at the sponsors around Man United's home games. Asian tyre firms, Asian betting companies, airlines that fly to Asia. Then their are the local sponsorship deals, when I was in Malaysia (where Man United are massive despite never having had a Malay player) they had sponsorship deals with the local version of pringles, local soft drinks. Add to that a lot of wealthy tourists coming over and taking in a game and a lot of fans buying official merchandise it all adds up.

Plus the money they're raking in from Old Trafford Burger on the mean streets of Penang.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/536439_592483289236_647515578_n.jpg

Check out the state of Giggs up there seeing those burgers.

Asian market is eye wateringly large, with a massive upwardly mobile middle class with disposable income, it's literally a no brainer from a business point of view.

You can rest assured, if ManYoo, Chelsea, Liverpool et al, are busting their nuts to get deals out there, there some good action to be had.

As much as I fucking hate them, ManYoo are switched on, American car brands, Asian companies, Middle-East companies, global couriers etc, the list is long (and lucrative)

That said, they don't have Pullman Volkwagen on the books, so at least we've one up on them

Take that, Whiskey nose :lol:

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

Premier League clubs on #cb hunt, it might be time to reactivate Yanga-Mbiwa interest

Ian Holyman ‏@ian_holyman

@andybrassell Also Nicollin invited clubs for Yanga-Mbiwa. Said he'd "like to be able to say" he'd had offers. Someone should do that deal.

Retweeted by David Crossan

Do it :fwap:

What was Yanga-Mbiwa's release clause in his new contract again? €12m was it?

Around that yeah, in theory it should be a no brainer honestly especially considering staying up will pay his and Remy's fee.

Unfortunately Ashley won't see it that way.

What was Yanga-Mbiwa's release clause in his new contract again? €12m was it?

Around that yeah, in theory it should be a no brainer honestly especially considering staying up will pay his and Remy's fee.

Unfortunately Ashley won't see it that way.

If there is genuine concern in the boardroom that we could go down, I'd be astonished if he didn't see it that way.

I just don't think they are at that stage yet.

If we're looking at out of form forwards wonder why we're not sniffing around Llorente? He's out of contract in June. He's 6' 5 as well so i'm sure Pardew would have a wet patch thinking about all that 'direct play' we could justify.

A decent centre-back would transform how our back four looks now we've got Debuchy like.

Until Santon demands a move back home, Colo continues his slide into muppetry, and Debuchy ends up being considerably less than the salvation from Simpson that we'd hoped.

I was so God damned happy last year that it looked like with Demba and Papiss we were set for a top class striker pairing for the next 5 years. Turns out they never could form a partnership, and one shipped out at the earliest opportunity. :blackeye:

Copy&paste from RTG there Lotus? :lol:

Sorry, but there's just no way we would get Llorente.

Do they think they're on the brink of getting him then? :lol: Hadn't seen it there myself. Is he really any less likely than Remy?

Do they think they're on the brink of getting him then? :lol: Hadn't seen it there myself. Is he really any less likely than Remy?

:lol: err, yes.

:lol: err, yes.

Forgive my inexcusable ignorance :lol: , i'm not well informed on the Spanish league, but why?

I'd like to see someone in the mould of Arouna Kone/Victor Moses(/Aaron Lennon).

A relatively established wing forward who is full of running and can unsettle defences. Doesn't have to be a crackshot striker, but preferably not Gervinho-level decision making either. A flat-track bully would be ideal.

Not sure who is out there that we could get.

I'd like to see someone in the mould of Arouna Kone/Victor Moses(/Aaron Lennon).

A relatively established wing forward who is full of running and can unsettle defences. Doesn't have to be a crackshot striker, but preferably not Gervinho-level decision making either. A flat-track bully would be ideal.

Not sure who is out there that we could get.

Only ever seen him once so could be talking out my arse but does Zaha not fit the bill?