Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

If it's any consolation he would probably be playing for Chelsea by now anyway.

I was desperate for us to go for him at the time like.

So was Chris Hughton, he even went as far as to put out a statement how useful his pace would be for the side. It was a terrible cock up any way you look at it.

If we'd signed Moses we might not have signed HBA though.

Wasn't QPR close to signing him for 10m in the summer, only for him to reject the move? Can see them going back for him with 'Arry as manager.

I don't think he'd turn down a move to you guys. Problem is (a) we'd want a big wodge of cash (b) Kaboul is still long-term injured, and I don't see AVB wanting to go through the rest of the season with 3 CBs. Of course, if we sign Aldeweireld then that would change, but I can't see that happening before the summer.

Wasn't QPR close to signing him for 10m in the summer, only for him to reject the move? Can see them going back for him with 'Arry as manager.

I don't think he'd turn down a move to you guys. Problem is (a) we'd want a big wodge of cash (b) Kaboul is still long-term injured, and I don't see AVB wanting to go through the rest of the season with 3 CBs. Of course, if we sign Aldeweireld then that would change, but I can't see that happening before the summer.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m44b1cDoay1r6p48c.gif

St Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has insisted that he will not be leaving the club during the January transfer window.

The striker has been linked with a move to Newcastle following their sale of Demba Ba, but the Gabon international has revealed that he has also had contact with both Manchester United and Manchester City.

"There is contact with the two Manchester clubs and also clubs in Italy, especially Fiorentina and another big Italian club"

The forward also claims that Serie A side Fiorentina have shown significant interest in securing his signature.

"I want to leave with everyone happy," Aubameyang told French magazine Vert Foot.

"I will not leave in this January window.

"There is contact with the two Manchester clubs and also clubs in Italy, especially Fiorentina and another big Italian club."

Aubameyang has scored eight goals in Ligue 1 this season, helping his St Etienne side to a mid-table position.

I almost left it out through respect, but well, it had to be said :lol:.

How much do you reckon Chelsea would want for Lukaku? He's looks a great partner for Cisse and they're linked with forwards from all over the shop.

Was thinking this yesterday, would probably be too much for us though imo.

How much do you reckon Chelsea would want for Lukaku? He's looks a great partner for Cisse and they're linked with forwards from all over the shop.

Was thinking this yesterday, would probably be too much for us though imo.

You're probably right but if we're prepared to pay £10m/£11m for De Jong/Remy then I can't see Lukaku being that much more and he's younger/starting to prove himself in the English game.

They got him for £13m rising to £18m in add-ons. Can't see him in their plans with Torres, Ba and the pursuit of Falcao, and he's one who wants playing time. Maybe an offer south of £13m (£10m?) will get him?

K, back to my dream. :yao:

I remember posting about Lukaku a few years ago in what I thought was a brilliant thread (for us anoraks anyway) "Players you've got scouted for the future"

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,65562.msg2087618.html#msg2087618

They got him for £13m rising to £18m in add-ons. Can't see him in their plans with Torres, Ba and the pursuit of Falcao, and he's one who wants playing time. Maybe an offer south of £13m (£10m?) will get him?

K, back to my dream. :yao:

That's kind of what i was thinking tbh.

The lad isn't going to get much game time there next season so why bother? I'd even pay them a substantial loan fee for him for the next few months in the hope we can convince him to stay when it's over.

I remember posting about Lukaku a few years ago in what I thought was a brilliant thread (for us anoraks anyway) "Players you've got scouted for the future"

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,65562.msg2087618.html#msg2087618

That was a good thread Spence. I really think he'd be a perfect foil for Cisse and would take a huge amount of the opposition CB's attention giving all sorts of space for Cisse to work.

Guest Roger Kint

Ah remember that thread, some classics on Page 1(Delima :lol:) also noticed Rich scouting this kid:

Moussa Sissoko.

I almost left it out through respect, but well, it had to be said :lol:.

You went half a season with two recognised strikers and 4 goalkeepers so you never know.

Just to take the realistic out of this thread;

Krul

Simpson    Perch      Colo    Santon

Anita  Tiote    Bigi

Remy    Graham    Marveaux

Elliot

Debuchy      Taylor    Douglas  Ferguson

Sissoko  Perch    Cabaye

Ben Arfa      Cisse        Obertan

With Raylor being able to fit in a number of positions.

Yeah, not happening :lol: :okay: