Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Bertrand would be much better competition that gamez or manquillo... Shane long is still quite dangerous and probably better than anything we have at the moment.

Striker and Nº10 are priority buys (assuming we keep Dubravka & Kennedy).

That Ndiaye at Stoke gets excellent reviews for centre midfield.

Thought that Bauer looked alright for them too when I saw some highlights a few weeks ago for the right back position

Bertrand would be much better competition that gamez or manquillo... Shane long is still quite dangerous and probably better than anything we have at the moment.

Striker and Nº10 are priority buys (assuming we keep Dubravka & Kennedy).

His goal against Arsenal was his second in the last 48 PL games you absolute lunatic :lol:

I'd be going (not including keeper)

New striker (s)

New number 10

New winger

New RB

New LB

Upgrade on Diame

Upgrades on Mbemba & Clark to give real competition

How can you upgrade on Diame!?

Definite must buys:

Good striker

Kennedy, or replacement for kenedy

If Rafa doesn't think Murphy is up to the task, competition for Ritchie

Competition for Yedlin (maybe someone who can do CB as well as backup)

Good ideas

New No 10 / competition for Perez

Backup for Shelvey (could be same as above)

Backup CB since Mbemba isn't doing anything and Clark I'm not sure good enough at this level.

Definite must buys:

Good striker

Kennedy, or replacement for kenedy

If Rafa doesn't think Murphy is up to the task, competition for Ritchie

Competition for Yedlin (maybe someone who can do CB as well as backup)

Good ideas

New No 10 / competition for Perez

Backup for Shelvey (could be same as above)

Backup CB since Mbemba isn't doing anything and Clark I'm not sure good enough at this level.

I think I would add a left back as a must as well. Dummett has done well but better competition and cover there is essential imo.

If we are talking about players from the bottom three assuming they are relegated. Jay Rodirguez is the only one from WBA that I would consider, but probably shy away from because of his injury record. Shaqiri and Choupu Moting have talent but they seem to have character issues that Rafa won't want to deal with, Choupu Moting seems to be hated by the stoke fans, that's not a good sign. Diouf is a fans favourite, seems to have been played all over the place there, Hughes had him as a wing back and he looked poor against us, seems much more of a forward, may be worth a look at. Shawcross is someone we've been linked with in the past but not had a great season. At Southampton, I like Tadic's ability but not his attitude, Betrand would be a decent pick up but probably will go some place else, I like James Ward Prowse but he's another that's had an off season. There may be talk about Forster returning but rather we stayed clear, he's really not very good.

Honestly there is a reason why those teams are at the bottom, slim pickings.

Edit: Did some more research on Stoke fans opinion of Diouf, best steer clear, a couple of quotes: "needs 170000 chances to score", "rubbish footballer but can't knock his effort" . Berahino seems to be their version of Jack Rodwell :)

I would take Rondon from WBA. Has a 16 million relegation clause and  in this day and age that is pretty much a bargain for someone who knows the league and is a capable player. I feel West Brom have never given him much to work with and he is very industrious if nothing else. Watched him quite a bit for Venezuela, who are usually out matched, and he does a great job for them.

I don't think I'd want Rondon, should be able to do better. Rodriguez is significantly better IMO. Probably rather sign Slimani as well.

Rondon for 8m is a steal - add Rafa's coaching - would score goals