Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I'd argue that Rafa (or someone of similar ability) with this current squad and one or two half decent additions would probably have us top 10 without breaking sweat. The gap to those positions is only a few points - only takes a few of the shitty home 0-0s converted into wins and we'd be sat there already.

I don't think the Saudis will be buying us to finish top 10 mind. They will find some way to get that squad up to scratch asap, this talk of slow and steady sounds somewhat unlikely. Obviously we aren't going to become world beaters overnight, but they won't want to hang about IMO.

if we are going through Carr's recommendations I would take Lacazette

Lacazette would be a good striker for us. Still have a few good years left and has experience in the PL.

Would only get better if he knew he was the main striker.

The one that plays regularly for Arsenal?

if we are going through Carr's recommendations I would take Lacazette

Lacazette would be a good striker for us. Still have a few good years left and has experience in the PL.

Would only get better if he knew he was the main striker.

The one that plays regularly for Arsenal?

I think that's who he means maybe willing let him go as he has turned out to be a 1-3 striker (they should try having a 1 in 29)

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/15/mikel-arteta-makes-decision-alexandre-lacazettes-arsenal-future-amid-atletico-interest-12560500/

50m? Is that really going to be our FFP limit?

No it's a complete guess, obviously.

The question asked was how much do you think the potential new owners will spend not what they could spend.

Anyone expecting Man City/Chelsea levels of spending will be in for a disappointment. They’ll not be spending £100m per window :lol:

You are off your tits I you think they are planning on spending 50m per window. That gets you two players*. Fuck sake, even McClaren got 50m man.

*pre coronavirus crisis.

Guest Howaythetoon

Btw, have people not realised we are in the biggest economic shock for several centuries now.  Football is not going to be the same way financially after this at all.  Clubs are going to find new commercial deals at same value to be hard to find.

This, and player transfer fees will fall in line with this accordingly too, they will have to. Buy Harry Kane for 150m which any club would have to finance and a month after, the game goes into lockdown due to a new outbreak of the virus? Then what? Or buy him for 50m or not at all and buy a Rondon instead for 15m? Eh Mike?!

Everyone will have to be far more careful and far more realistic after this, from player valuations, wage demands, contract lengths, image rights, sponsorship deals, agents fees and everything else.

Regarding the club’s future transfer kitty, I don’t think there will be a set figure as such at all, whatever it is and a lot of deals will be done on an undisclosed basis anyway. What I’m certain of, however, is that should the club want a certain player they really value as more than just an asset on the pitch, they will pay not just a premium for that player, but be more than happy to splash the cash so to speak to get their man, whether it’s 20m or 100m and again those figures will never truly be revealed in full. As they haven’t been under Ashley even and aren’t at most clubs, from your Man City to your Wolves.

In that regard, talk of specific budgets mean nowt in reality. Will be blow 200m in one window? I very much doubt it, will be spend half that? Probably. We won’t go out and sign a Harry Kane along with other top players of that calibre in one go or maybe ever. It will probably be one marquee signing below the top teir followed by a few more established but not top of the same tier type signings and with more activity in terms of recruitment coming in the form of development players and players under 18 for the academy, from home and abroad. In the initial early days anyway. Until revenues rise and profits increase.

Or... they could well just buy a team of galacticos. Who really knows?! They can certainly afford it and I’m not even sure if they wanted to do that, anyone within the game from the powers that be would punish the club for doing so whether they wanted to. There would be massive resentment from the obvious status quo though and of course media and rival fan scrutiny.

Everything points to a more sensible, planned and staggered financial approach though. Me, I’d be happy with Rafa having 100m to spend on top of any money recouped from sales that bought us players like he wanted the club to sign permanently when he was here, players like Rondon, Loftus Cheek, 20m + players.

Accordingly I’d be happy with progressing from where we are now to top 8 year 1, top 6 year 2 and top 4 year 3 and then build towards competing for titles and European success, even if that meant qualifying for the CL and progressing from the groups only or reaching the Semi of the Europa League after CL elimination.

A domestic cup would be even bigger and more doable!

I don’t want a Chelsea/Man City style bust to boom turnover or that level of instant mega spend on players which did nothing but totally fuck the whole transfer market up for everyone really anyway where now, right-backs can cost 50m, under 21 youth players with a handful of appearances 20m + and centre-backs from Southampton 70m +

Not forgetting 30m Sissokos and 40m Joelintons...

This is where the club will need to have the right manager in there who they can work with and who can work with them rather than any manager being bought a boat load of players to assemble a team from. That would be no different to what we had under Ashley and Pardew, just with more money.

The manager has to have the bigger say and any worth their salt, will deliver success with proper sensible investment and with adequate good quality players. Rafa, Poch, either would be more than able to do that. Rafa would give the club a head start over anyone else though, because he would actually bring with him his own programmes and plans which he created for the club while here and can adjust to scale easily based on extra financial backing.

Then there is the bond he has with the fans, the city and his CV of course which is exemplary. That and he’s a truly magnificent human being, a thoroughly nice man and a loveable bloke, someone you’d want in there to front your business and help promote the good side of the good, the bad and the ugly makeup of the club which will be on show a lot from now on.

I’ve always said it’s good people that make good everything in life, be it a business, a service, and especially in business. We had a shit club under Ashley, but had a good man in Hughton. The same with Rafa. Compare the mentality of fans with the club while they were in charge over say Pardew, or Big Sam.

Compare the warmth fans had for Rafa’s team which they shared for Sir Bobby’s or KK’s if not in the same way. Compare the warmth to Rondon over Owen. Or shit players who give their all and are decent people over good players who don’t and aren’t good people.

The club needs that regardless of how much money will be spent and who they buy. They need good people in there, a good person in charge. Get that manager and allow him to do what he thinks is good for the club, and they wouldn’t need to blow silly money on big names or spend 200m in one window.

We’d be top 6 this season if Rafa was allowed to spend whatever the club did under Bruce on his own players and had Rondon, Miggy and Perez up front.

Look at what he achieved on a fraction of that in 3 years alone, promotion as champions, tenth, 13th, turning the likes of Perez into 30m players and a backline who could keep clean sheets or shut out star studded sides and world-class attacks.

Knowing our luck, they’ll spunk 200m on players and give them to Bruce to work his magic on...

The question asked was how much do you think the potential new owners will spend not what they could spend.

Anyone expecting Man City/Chelsea levels of spending will be in for a disappointment. They’ll not be spending £100m per window :lol:

Plenty of other clubs spend that amount

The truth is none of us know how much they'll be spending, so theres no need for anybody to go on as if they have the correct answer.

No one is going on as if they have the correct answer. Someone asked the question what did people think the amount would be. Like you would on a football forum. I offered my balance opinion as I usually do on this football forum.

Sounds like you think there’s no need for the forum or any offering of opinions allowed :lol:

OK then, you specifically don't have any way of knowing whether what you wrote is true or not. But you said with certainty "They'll not be spending £100 million per transfer window"  :lol: - seems more a statement than an opinion.

They might spend that much, they might not. My point is none of us know.

Plenty of other clubs spend that amount

The truth is none of us know how much they'll be spending, so theres no need for anybody to go on as if they have the correct answer.

No one is going on as if they have the correct answer. Someone asked the question what did people think the amount would be. Like you would on a football forum. I offered my balance opinion as I usually do on this football forum.

Sounds like you think there’s no need for the forum or any offering of opinions allowed :lol:

OK then, you specifically don't have any way of knowing whether what you wrote is true or not. But you said with certainty "They'll not be spending £100 million per transfer window"  :lol: - seems more a statement than an opinion.

They might spend that much, they might not. My point is none of us know.

Not much of a point when everyone knows that on a fans forum :lol:

They’ll not be spending £100m per transfer window (in my opinion when asked for it)

Happy? :lol:

My preferred front 4 for next season are Coutinho, Zaha, Bale, Lukaku. We basically need a new forward line and I think Premier League experience is essential

My preferred front 4 for next season are Coutinho, Zaha, Bale, Lukaku. We basically need a new forward line and I think Premier League experience is essential

:lol:

Just imagine how bad this summer window will be if Ashley stays

Ashley has no choice but to sell. He lost 10k in numbers when Rafa left, if this takeover fails there goes another 10k, and that’s before the virus. It looks like no crowds for next season, the game in its worst state for decades. it’ll be dead easy for so many to walk away and call it a day, so I imagine it wouldn’t be too bad, football for many will be finished, for NUFC fans and another failed takeover then those numbers would be even greater.

Ashley has no choice but to sell. He lost 10k in numbers when Rafa left, if this takeover fails there goes another 10k, and that’s before the virus. It looks like no crowds for next season, the game in its worst state for decades. it’ll be dead easy for so many to walk away and call it a day, so I imagine it wouldn’t be too bad, football for many will be finished, for NUFC fans and another failed takeover then those numbers would be even greater.

It’s all on this takeover attempt, if this doesn’t go through, no way another buyer appears with the world as it currently is. It’s literally now or never really.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Going from dogshit all over the place to just casually demanding over £250m worth of talent arrives as a foursome :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Silly isn't it?

We are going to have some crazy links.

It’s all on this takeover attempt, if this doesn’t go through, no way another buyer appears with the world as it currently is. It’s literally now or never really.

Yeah. I reckon Ashley more than anyone wants this to go through. In a year the club potentially could be worthless along with dozen others who just about manage to survive.