Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 42

Rich

We're getting an amazing amount of space to play in, but we've not taken advantage.

We seem to be relying a lot on individual efforts down the wings. There's not much clever interpassing to open things up, but I guess that's the way we're set up.

All fart and no shit at the moment; a marked improvement on the last game is overshadowed by the fact that Villa have had a clear-cut chance and scored, whereas we've done neither. Obertan for Barton looks like a dreadful transition so far. The only means of attack seems to be "pass, move, give to Raylor, waste cross."

There's goals in it from us but i'd like to see some changes sooner rather than later.

Guest MrSundlofer

Best half of the season by miles. Don't deserve to be behind.

Agree. A very good half from us. Passing the ball around well and are in control of the game, though we're not in the lead.

wow best we have played all season and were behind after almost their first attack. Shit that were trailing but the positives are a very good silver lining because i didnt know we were capable of playing this good a game of possesion and quick incisive passing.

We do look like finding goals is guna be a problem as all the commentators/pundits keep telling us and villa look very dangerous on the break and they will probs score again on the break. It's like they are the away team! especially with the noise our fans are making, very impressive. :clap:

Definitely not out of this, we just need to keep ahold of the midfield and be mindful of being caught on the counter. Radio Newcastle reckon we need more movement from  Ba and Best - fair comment or not?

Not. They've done well. Just some poor final balls. We've been well on top.

I'd get Jonas on the right and Marveaux on the left, tbh. It's how i'd start every game.

Would make this change, but not just yet. We're playing well, give it another 15mins+ to see if we can carve something out before making a change.

Key that it's been kept to one goal, and if we can keep them out at the early part of the first half we'll have a good chance.

Good that Obertan is getting a lot of the ball. It's the only way he'll keep improving and becoming more decisive and confident, with the natural talent he posesses it will be well worth when it clicks.

Really good Ba appears to be taking his opportunity having finally started a game/ Cannot afford to have Shola get another look in regarding a place in the first eleven.