Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers pre-match thread - 24/09/11 @ 3pm

Dave

Guest mimifrench

Why don't you just put Ben arfa on the bench for this one, and in the 70-80 minutes bring him on the pitch just to have a warm reception ?

Guest mimifrench

Why don't you just put Ben arfa on the bench for this one, and in the 70-80 minutes bring him on the pitch just to have a warm reception ?

Will play at least 30 minutes my love :) i think.

Hope so my love ( :aww:) :thup:

In a french newspaper today he said that now he could play in every game, but it's not what he should do.

Just bring him little by little and Please give him the best reception saturday afternoon !!!

In a french newspaper today he said that now he could play in every game, but it's not what he should do.

Just bring him little by little and Please give him the best reception saturday afternoon !!!

That should not be a problem!  :lol:  :aww:

Don't worry Ben Arfa will definitely be given the best of receptions on Saturday.

Guest magpie99

Pardew has already said the Ben Arfa will not start against Blackburn so I think it is a fair indication he will play the same side as at Villa.

However, my main concern is if Blackburn play Olsson against Raylor on saturday, he will struggle for pace against him so I would rather play young Ferguson at left back instead with Marveaux in front of him and Jonas on the bench.

The quality of balls played in by Marveaux on tuesday were excellent and he is much more creative than Jonas.

Bring Ben Arfa on for the last 30 minutes and switch from 442 to 4231 and we will destroy Blackburn.

Guest magpie99

Maybe against top 6 opposition but against mid to bottom placed clubs, their pace and creativity would frighten the heebeejeebees out of the opposition.

Maybe against top 6 opposition but against mid to bottom placed clubs, their pace and creativity would frighten the heebeejeebees out of the opposition.

It's much less frightening when you can run the ball up the line more easily and ease pressure,Jonas prevents that

Pardew has already said the Ben Arfa will not start against Blackburn so I think it is a fair indication he will play the same side as at Villa.

However, my main concern is if Blackburn play Olsson against Raylor on saturday, he will struggle for pace against him so I would rather play young Ferguson at left back instead with Marveaux in front of him and Jonas on the bench.

The quality of balls played in by Marveaux on tuesday were excellent and he is much more creative than Jonas.

Bring Ben Arfa on for the last 30 minutes and switch from 442 to 4231 and we will destroy Blackburn.

Doesn't make sense.

Doesn't make sense.

Agree, no sense at all.

They'll be confident after beating Arsenal last week and have a decent record against us, so I'm not quite as confident of the win. Things have been going well so far, just waiting for the fall now. Would love the see HBA start but going on what has been said I doubt it, but what a sub to have. The run out in the week would have done for his match fitness wonders as well.

Blackburn are not that good, we should be going for all three points against them at home.  I'd want to get straight at them from the off just as QPR did to us 433, no messing about, if all fit enough start with:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor    Colo    Santon?? (if fully fit)

Tiote

Cabaye                Marveaux

Jonas                                      Ben Arfa

Best

Sammy to come on for Ben arfa around 60 mins or whenever he needs a rest. The very impressive Abeid to come on at some point too.

We need our best team thats geling well before we start playing the likes of Spurs two games after this one.             

Subs: Harper, Raylor/Ferguson Abeid, Gosling/Guthrie, Obertan, Sammy, Ba

Very excited about seeing more of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Sammy, Abeid, Marveaux and Santon. Tiote starting to play better, S Taylor and Colo immense at the moment lets pray they are not injured.

Puzled why pardew doidn't start Ba up front against forest. As thought that would be the perfect game for us to see if he can challenge Best as our best out and out striker. Whoever knocks on his door te loudest seems a very important factor/motivtor to Pardew.

Jonas edges out Obertan at the moment. Jonas is a fantastic workhorse which teams need and always very involved in our games. Obertan for all his natural ability looks good in flashes (which hopefully will inprove with coaching and confidence) but often doesn't get as involved  and sometimes lacks a football brain and takes the wrong options.

Think toptoon's team is the best available, if HBA and Marveaux are fit to start. Would be slightly harsh to drop Obertan, but meh.

It's becoming increasingly stupid to play two strikers, with the lack of quality we have their and the amount of class midfielders we've got.