Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers pre-match thread - 24/09/11 @ 3pm

Dave

I'd like to see standard expected back line in a 4-2-3-1 with

tiote - Cabaye

Obertan - Marveaux - Guti

Best

60 mins in HBA on for Obertan, Marv moves to left and Guti to right. Sammy on for Best later perhaps.

Guest magpie99

I watched their game against Arsenal last weekend and I still cannot believe they won that game. Arsenal's defence self destructed by two own goals and Yakubas second was offside. Arsenal should have that game wrapped up by half time if Gervinho hadnt been so greedy. Even in the last 5 minutes, Arsenal missed at least 4 gilt edged chances.

Blackburn should struggle against us as I believe out team is starting to gel and with Ben Arfa and Marveaux to come off the bench, we have match winners here.

However, Blackburn will be dangerous from set peices with the height of Samba, N;Zunzi and Yakuba and they possess a bit of trickery and pace in Olsson and Fochina. I would play the same team as Villa but we need to give Marveaux and Ben Arfa at least half an hour at some stage.

2-0 to us if we perform like we did at Villa and cut out the chances on the break.

I think Pardew will start with the same time that won at Villa as they played well enough to warrant 3 points. But it's a safe bet to say that Ben Arfa and Marveaux will propably come on fairly sharpish 2nd half to give us that something extra. I think Blackburn will struggle against us but especially with the likes of these two coming on 2nd half.

I'm fairly relaxed as to whether he starts with the same side against Villa or starts Ben Arfa but either way I think we should be able to have enough to get 3 points. Confidence will be high and this is the type of game we need to win.

After watching Blackburn, Arsenal game I thought they were very lucky to win. Wasn't that impressed at all with them. I think we'll beat them 3-0 . Have to say I'm glad we didn't get Gervinho he looks a selfish cunt and would only create a bad feeling amongst the squad.

Krul

Simpson Saylor Colo Raylor

Obertan Cabaye Tiote Marv

Ben Arfa

Best

Make it so.

No fucking thanks. Every chance we'll end up carrying 3 players there, considering Ben Arfa's lack of match fitness and Marv's fatigue. Jonas has to play instead of one of them, preferably Obertan.

Real test to see how far we have come and how far we can go.

When we played them last year, we had two home games on this bounce, these and Fulham if i remember correctly? And we ended up taking one point.

They will have a bit of confidence after last week, but saying that, our's should be through the roof.

Think we'll do them 3-0 or 3-1

Is our confidence actually on a high? We've drawn two matches on the bounce, one of which was an absolutely abject performance, and just barely overcome a Championship side in extra time.

Not that I'm complaining about the results, they've been good, but don't see why we'd be any more confident than usual.

----------------Krul

Simo----Tayls-------Colo -----Raylor

---------Cab----------Tiote

Marv-------------------------Jonas

---------------HBA

----------------Ba

There's no way Best should be dropped at the moment.

Krul

Simpson Saylor    Coloccini  Raylor

Tiote     

Obi-Wan        Cabaye        Jonas

Ba

Best

Subs: Harper, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Lovenkrands, Guthrie, Ameobi, Perch

in all seriousness we should be looking to win this. we're in good form results wise and i can only think of QPR where we've performed badly. we've been tight at the back in the league and we have attacking players like HBA and Marveaux coming in, plus Best is scoring and Ba's edging closer to looking useful.

----------------Krul

Simo----Tayls-------Colo -----Raylor

---------Cab----------Tiote

Marv-------------------------Jonas

---------------HBA

----------------Ba

There's no way Best should be dropped at the moment.

Very true.. Best in for Ba.. Ba to come on for HBA after an hour

Is our confidence actually on a high? We've drawn two matches on the bounce, one of which was an absolutely abject performance, and just barely overcome a Championship side in extra time.

Not that I'm complaining about the results, they've been good, but don't see why we'd be any more confident than usual.

Eh??

We are unbeaten this season. We have conceded two league goals. We have just played our best game of the season at Villa. Won two cup matches with the 2nd string. Nah, cant see it being that high??

Marveaux have to start. He have shown time and time again that he is good enough.

Start him behind Best, Jonas and Marv out wide.

Change Obertan for HBA around 60-65 min.

Jonas RW, HBA CAM, Marv LW.

If Marv is tired at the end, bring on Sammy, god bless him :aww:

2-0

This is one of those games I don't mind starting off with a fairly solid formation. If we don't concede goals we will have enough quality over 90 mins to win the game 9 times out of 10. Marveaux and HBA might not start but coming off the bench running at players when the game is more stretched should be more than enough to put Blackburn to bed.