Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers pre-match thread - 24/09/11 @ 3pm

Dave

Another one of those games which we always seem to lose. Good momentum going now and we seem confident, and Blackburn probably think too much of themselves after their Arsenal win.

Krul - Simp, Colo, Taylor, Taylor - Tiote, Cabaye - Marveaux, Ba, Jonas - Best

Ba to support Best is vital if we want to have some sort of presence in the box with that lineup. Obertan on against tired legs with Sammy and Benjamin Arfa.

This is one of those games I don't mind starting off with a fairly solid formation. If we don't concede goals we will have enough quality over 90 mins to win the game 9 times out of 10. Marveaux and HBA might not start but coming off the bench running at players when the game is more stretched should be more than enough to put Blackburn to bed.

Bang on., exactly my thoughts. Ben Arfa/Marveaux running at tired Blackburn players 2nd half plus it would also allow Ben Arfa to get a proper reception when he comes on the pitch :frantic: What's exciting is with the likes of Ben Arfa, Abeid, Marveaux, Obertan we've got some real pace in the side.

We have quite a few players at the moment who don't seem to be able to manage a full 90 minutes.

Marveux, HBA, Ba, Best, Sammy. I would want all of them to play some part in the game.

So 2 of them have to start the match. You can't start both Best and Ba (or you're forced to use Shola). After last night I'd want to see more link up play between Marv and Hatem (on the radio they seemed to have a good understanding) so ideally they need to be on the pitch at the same time. And Sammy isn't  experienced enough to start. You want Jonas to be involved because he's the most defensive minded of the wingers and Obertan must surely feature because he's the only naturally right sided option.

Also I'd hate to see Cabaye being less involved in the attack if we play 4-2-3-1

I wouldn't want to be in Pardews shoes right now...there's no way he can get this right.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  Taylor

Cabaye    Tiote

Marveuax  Ben Arfa    Jonas

Best

go for the throat and be 2 up by half time, cabaye slightly ahead of tiote. that's pretty potent attacking and defending, should be too good for blackburn

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Taylor

Cabaye    Tiote

Marveuax  Ben Arfa  Jonas

Best

go for the throat and be 2 up by half time

I've a feeling that's what it will be, although Pardew might start Obertan instead of Marveaux to avoid chucking in Marveaux and Ben Arfa into the team together after a long absence.

I'd like to see Marveaux starting although I don't think he will and I think we'll probably be more likely to see Ben Arfa coming on as a sub as well. At least we seem to have more options now than we have done previously. Another good performance and 3 points from this please.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Taylor

Cabaye    Tiote

Marveuax  Ben Arfa  Jonas

Best

go for the throat and be 2 up by half time

I've a feeling that's what it will be, although Pardew might start Obertan instead of Marveaux to avoid chucking in Marveaux and Ben Arfa into the team together after a long absence.

Understandable but a bit of a shame considering how well they seemed to link up last night.

Can't see Ben Arfa starting on Saturday.

This

i can understand Ben Arfa being eased in (oo er) at this point but Marveaux's played 120 minutes twice and come through it fine, he should be fit to start

And this.

Obertan played well from what I've seen/heard last night but he should still make way for Marveaux I reckon.

Krul

Simmo Colo Saylo Raylo

Marv Tiote Cabs Me Gutierrez

Best Ba/Ameobi

He will remain un-changed from Villa, which is fine by me.

Like someone said before, there's no need to go mad, lets keep things solid and hope our better players come through. Should things not be going swimmingly then we have plenty of options from the bench. Ben Arfa and Marveaux as subs would be brilliant.

My prediction is that someone who scored midweek will score in this game (Simpson, Coloccini) and that Best will add to his tally.

3-1

Can't see Ben Arfa starting on Saturday.

This

i can understand Ben Arfa being eased in (oo er) at this point but Marveaux's played 120 minutes twice and come through it fine, he should be fit to start

And this.

Obertan played well from what I've seen/heard last night but he should still make way for Marveaux I reckon.

Krul

Simmo Colo Saylo Raylo

Marv Tiote Cabs Me Gutierrez

Best Ba/Ameobi

:thup:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Simpson  Taylor Coloccini Raylor

Obertan  Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Best        Ba

2-1. Best to get one again.

He might put Marv at No. 10 behind Best for about an hour or so and then bring Ben Arfa on to replace him.

Would be surprised if Marv could do 90 mins at a good tempo at the mo. Reckon he might need a bit more time what with being out and then doing 120 mins yesterday.

Urgh, this lot at home generally sees us churning out a shinty performance. Having said that, they have had a fortunate habit in the past of catching us during poor runs of form. No such excuse this time and we really should be looking to take the game to them.

I'll go for a 3-1. (Best 14, Samba 18, Saylor 44, Ben Arfa 92)

Could easily find places for Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Ferguson and Sammy against Blackburn after their performances against Forest.

Yep, all on the bench.

The "Marveaux isn't 100 % fit" doesn't work anymore. I'm not having that. He should definitely start against these cunts. Ben Arfa I can understand, but I still think he should play at least 45 minutes, massive impact sub in the 2nd half is in the cards. Also feel Sammy should get more minutes than he has gotten in previous games.

A win here would be amazing, players should be well rested.