Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers pre-match thread - 24/09/11 @ 3pm

Dave

The fans on a couple of Blackburn forums i have read seem quite confident.  Looking at there team it does look quite poor on paper, however i think they will be a threat from set pieces. 

The fans on a couple of Blackburn forums i have read seem quite confident.  Looking at there team it does look quite poor on paper, however i think they will be a threat from set pieces. 

it's probably because everyone in the country thinks we're shit since nolan, barton, enrique and carroll left, without having actually watched us much since. we've looked clueless going forward for much of the season but we're solid at the back and the attacking play is getting better with cabaye further forwards and hba, marv coming in

we have enough to beat blackburn if the players perform more like they did vs villa and less like they did at qpr. and of course if shola doesnt start

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's because they haven't lost here in ages!

We're doing well in matches we usually do poor in so im gonnasay 2-1 to us. Best and Obertan. Yakubu for them. Big worry is Samba. He'll be tough to deal with. They have lost a lot this season but still think he'll be the player to step up for them.

Football matches?

Be confident, win this and another 6 points from Wolves and the Spuds and thats one cracking start to the season.  With some of the other fixtures could start pulling a bit of a gap in 4th :)

Optimism :frantic:

(I like it...)

Had a look at one of their forums and they seem to think we'll be tough to beat but have no one that offers any real threat to them in terms of attacking ability.

That's how super Leon works. Under the radar.

Can't really picture their team so had a look at their match threads.

--------------Robinson------------

Lowe----Samba----Dann----Givet

----------Petrovic-----N'Zonzi-------

Hoilett-------Formica-------Olsson

----------------Yakubu----------------

Canny centre back pairing and Hoilett is a brilliant player, but that's nowt special. Givet in particular has looked a weakspot for them this season.

I don't think Blackburn have played as badly as their results (before Arsenal) would suggest, but that being said this is the type of game you really should be winning if you have aspirations of doing well this year, and at the end of the season Blackburn won't be troubling the top 10.