Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Where were we when he took over compared to now?

We'd just finished 13th on 43 points. Last season we finished 12th on 46 points.

This season should see a significant improvement on both fronts.

No club should be one player away from Shola starting.

This sounds like a plea from a TV charity  :D

"Please give generously during this transfer window, Mike Ashley. Or you could be one injury away from Shola being being your lead striker. And no club should be one player away from Shola starting."

We'd just finished 13th on 43 points. Last season we finished 12th on 46 points.

Only took 6 managers, numerous different appointments at board/scouting level, a relegation, an attempted sale, endless national embarrassment, numerous PR disasters, pissing all over the club's tradition atleast twice and whole host of other utterly awful pieces of decision making to get there.

Gerrin.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Only took 6 managers, numerous different appointments at board/scouting level, a relegation, an attempted sale, endless national embarrassment, numerous PR disasters, pissing all over the club's tradition atleast twice and whole host of other utterly awful pieces of decision making to get there.

Gerrin.

50k + crowds

Good manager

Team to be proud of

Top players

Great scouting network

Bore hole

Great youth development

Not too shabby

then--going backwards steadily

now--going forwards but could easily falter.

It would be nice to cement our position in the top half of the table with a couple of players. Damn shame it won't happen and why everyone is nervy about faltering.

Just to go back a few posts; I much prefer this club, this squad and this setup to the one he originally bought, even if he is a tight cunt, a least were not paying over the odds for anyone, including wages as well, especially wages. Smith leaving really is the end of that era, thank Christ.

Not a fan of Ashley but Sicko does raise a good point, you would think we were still regular CL qualifiers when he took over with some of the history that is rewritten.

I loved the good times under the old board but that had dried up, they had run out of ideas and were desperately (dangerously) throwing money to try and fix the problem.

We have (with more than a hint of luck) done some fantastic business as of late and I much prefer this to the reckless spending of the last stewardship towards the end.

It's a real shame the current board can't find a happy medium though, mix in the bargain thoroughly scouted players with a few that cost a sizeable sum for good reason and we could quite easily emulate Spurs imo.

A player like Samba is a prime example, he fails to tick the relevant boxes but in reality signing him would significantly improve the team at a realistic/reasonable cost.

Gerrin.

50k + crowds

Good manager

Team to be proud of

Top players

Great scouting network

Bore hole

Great youth development

Not too shabby

:lol: can someone explain the bore hole to me?  it's totally passed me by

Gerrin.

50k + crowds

Good manager

Team to be proud of

Top players

Great scouting network

Bore hole

Great youth development

Not too shabby

:lol: can someone explain the bore hole to me?  it's totally passed me by

"Newcastle United have drilled a bore hole at their training ground and believe it will save £40,000 a year in water bills"

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

just wish ashley would come out and say a few words or release a statement. we all need to move on.

"All you geordie (and that annoying one from Essex) internet warriors... sit on that."