Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Mort was an integral part of the lies surrounding the KK debacle.

Was Mort still around when KK walked out?

Nope.  It was Decker by then.  I think Mort was only brought in for evidence for KKs contract.

best thing he could do now really is appoint someone to run the club within clearly set boundaries and walk away from it himself entirely

not that he'd do it but approach say cortese and ask him to run the club with a set of financial boundaries that don't end up costing him money, within those financial boundaries the chairman can appoint who he likes, sign who he likes etc.

it really shouldn't be so hard

cortese would come with the added bonus of having history with pardew (?) as well

What sacking him? If that's what you mean I'm all for that!

best thing he could do now really is appoint someone to run the club within clearly set boundaries and walk away from it himself entirely

not that he'd do it but approach say cortese and ask him to run the club with a set of financial boundaries that don't end up costing him money, within those financial boundaries the chairman can appoint who he likes, sign who he likes etc.

it really shouldn't be so hard

cortese would come with the added bonus of having history with pardew (?) as well

I really don't know why he hasn't done this already. Just employ a proven football person on a decent salary and give him a budget per year to work under. Guess he just has to be hands on with all his companies.

Ashley is a control freak, instead of turning up to our biggest game of the season on Saturday he was in Ireland buying up another sportswear company and 50+ shops to add to his empire. There is no way in hell he will leave the club in the total control with a competent person  with yearly transfer budgets ect....

Wasn't the structure:

Mort - Chairman

Llambias - Deputy Chairman

Wise - DOF

Jimenez - VP Player Recruitment?

Mort stepped back to his legal practice and Llambias moved up?

I thought Llambias was a cold appointment. I don't recall him being involved during the Chris Mort days.

Wasn't the structure:

Mort - Chairman

Wise - DOF

I thought Llambias was a cold appointment. I don't recall him being involved during the Chris Mort days.

Just during a hand over period.

I get the feeling this guy is just involved with a bunch of other stuff, and doesn't really know what the hell is going on at the club.

Problem is, he only employs people he deems his friends, and therefore people he supposedly trusts.

Most of these lot are clueless about football though. Really don't think he isn't trying to get players. I think he does provide a budget.

Llambias was just a ball busting strong headed roulette spinning punk, that always had to win each deal, while Joe Kinnear was just taking advantage, and getting a free ride.

The only time someone sensible was involved was under Mort, and things went okay then.

I get the feeling this guy is just involved with a bunch of other stuff, and doesn't really know what the hell is going on at the club.

Problem is, he only employs people he deems his friends, and therefore people he supposedly trusts.

Most of these lot are clueless about football though. Really don't think he isn't trying to get players. I think he does provide a budget.

Llambias was just a ball busting strong headed roulette spinning punk, that always had to win each deal, while Joe Kinnear was just taking advantage, and getting a free ride.

The only time someone sensible was involved was under Mort, and things went okay then.

Mort was a good communicator and a decent PR man. But it was his strategic review of the club that led to the club implementing a structure that had a DOF and, of course, Dennis Wise getting that role. 

Mort was a good communicator and a decent PR man. But it was his strategic review of the club that led to the club implementing a structure that had a DOF and, of course, Dennis Wise getting that role.

There wasn't really much wrong with that structure in theory. The appointments however were all wrong.

There wasn't really much wrong with that structure in theory. The appointments however were all wrong.

Exactly, so he had one friend that was sound in Mort. The structure was then a good idea, but when he then had to hire people for it, and therefore put more of his friends in the job, the rest of them were all morons.

Just hope that he eventually just accepts that he can hire people that he doesn't necessarily know, and they'll do a much better job than his dumb friends.

Wasn't the structure:

Mort - Chairman

Wise - DOF

Llambias was appointed Deputy Chairman on 5th May 2008

Mort stepped down on 17th June 2008 as he was on a years secondments from his law firm & Llambias was appointed Managing Director on the same day.

he was an unlikeable asshole but it did look like he was getting better at it and learning from mistakes and provided an actual direction that while you might not agree with and it certainly could be too strict transfer wise it at least made sense. Whats the direction and vision for the club now? Who's making that kind of decision? Who does Pardew answer to? Who's in charge of the final say on ins and outs now that the morons gone? Pardew?

I think the DOF structure is a good one TBH, just putting someone competent in the job seems impossible.

Particularly when your shortlist is useless cockney pricks who'll accept a pittance.

I think the DOF structure is a good one TBH, just putting someone competent in the job seems impossible.

Particularly when your shortlist is useless cockney pricks who'll accept a pittance.

Pittance? I'd happily blag a job as a useless cockney prick for £15 grand a week.

I can't believe that Kinnear was that bad that some people would consider taking Lambshite back, I seem to remember rumours last year that the only reason the 5 transfers got "over the line" was because Ashley personally stepped in to negotiate.

Pittance? I'd happily blag a job as a useless cockney prick for £15 grand a week.

?

?

Isn't that the wage he was reported to be on yesterday?