Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

well at least some of you will be around to see the regime come to an end and hopefully improve , for those in their late 50's plus ,whilst the club remains a cash cow that won't happen.

One of things I read and feel sick to my stomach about. Something completely wrong about 1 single man being able to destroy a club that's existed for many lifetimes....

I've not posted much for a few years and I'm not about to read 317 pages in this thread, I only hope people are still not of the thought "anyone is better than Fat Fred" because that's how it was here when I last spent much time here.

Supporting a club with no ambition to succeed is not good. I saw it before Fat Fred and it's been the situation since this market stall trader bought the club.

How can someone not see it? It's such a cuntish thing to say but I would just be like: "do you actually support us?" I fail to see how someone can be watching closely enough if they're coming out with comments like that.

Aye I couldn't believe it. He just said that he's the only player that we've sold in a while and we shouldn't turn down 4x what we've paid for him. He's just bought into all the bullshit.

He's an ST holder who goes to loads of away matches too.

Aye I couldn't believe it. He just said that he's the only player that we've sold in a while and we shouldn't turn down 4x what we've paid for him. He's just bought into all the bullshit.

He's an ST holder who goes to loads of away matches too.

I wouldn't have made the sale at all but if Yohan was to be sold the benchmark for the fee should have been around the Mata and Ozil mark, he's better than those players.

I've not posted much for a few years and I'm not about to read 317 pages in this thread, I only hope people are still not of the thought "anyone is better than Fat Fred" because that's how it was here when I last spent much time here.

Supporting a club with no ambition to succeed is not good. I saw it before Fat Fred and it's been the situation since this market stall trader bought the club.

Shepherd needed to go then, Ashley needs to go now.

Shepherd needed to go then, Ashley needs to go now.

Maybe, but for different reasons. We're talking a lack of ambition and that's the market boy.

Maybe, but for different reasons. We're talking a lack of ambition and that's the market boy.

I agree and I'd take the same gamble again, even though we could get worse than Ashley.

I agree and I'd take the same gamble again, even though we could get worse than Ashley.

I wouldn't, Mick.

Ashley didn't save the club from going bust despite the propaganda to the contrary and going bust would be the worst thing.

Taking money from the fans while showing no ambition is as bad as it gets while the club is a going entity.

It doesn't matter if he's £40mil player or a ten bob player because the income isn't fed back into the club. If PSG had have been daft enough to pay £40mil its not like Ashley would have kept twenty for himself and brought a decent replacement in.

I wouldn't, Mick.

Ashley didn't save the club from going bust despite the propaganda to the contrary and going bust would be the worst thing.

Taking money from the fans while showing no ambition is as bad as it gets while the club is a going entity.

I don't want to get into that again, it's been done to death but we can both probably agree that what we have now isn't good enough.  I watched an old bloke who looked to be in his 70's at the match yesterday at half time and just thought that his last memories of a derby might be getting stuffed while the club treads water, that's shite.

I wouldn't, Mick.

I don't want to get into that again, it's been done to death but we can both probably agree that what we have now isn't good enough.  I watched an old bloke who looked to be in his 70's at the match yesterday at half time and just thought that his last memories of a derby might be getting stuffed while the club treads water, that's shite.

Agree with that .

Woah there :lol:

We hardly robbed PSG, we should have pushed for a lot more.

No way is Cabaye a £40m player.

Nor is Ozil....except that was apparently the fee .

:lol: Ozil is on another planet to Cabaye, in terms of ability and achievements.  We could have perhaps got another £5m or so for Cabaye, but howay.

No way is Cabaye a £40m player.

He was worth a lot more than what we received.  Mata and Ozil were not as important to the teams they played for than Cabaye was worth to us.

Aye but Cabaye isn't in that world class bracket that the other 2 are - he'd improve both Arsenal and Man Utd IMO but he's not quite good enough to build your team around in the way those 2 sides are doing with Ozil/Mata.

:lol: Ozil is on another planet to Cabaye, in terms of ability and achievements.  We could have perhaps got another £5m or so for Cabaye, but howay.

The value of the players are relative to what they give the teams, we're potentially a shambles without Cabaye.  Our shitty manager has used the sale as justification to abandon the type of football most of us look forward to watching.

The value of the players are relative to what they give the teams, we're potentially a shambles without Cabaye.  Our shitty manager has used the sale as justification to abandon the type of football most of us look forward to watching.

I agree we should have tried to fleece PSG, we didn't get the maximum price we could have done from that deal.

But anyone saying we had any hope in hell of getting £35m-45m for him is off their rocker IMO.