Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

...and I agree with Tron, the article itself is spot on.

The suggestion that Ashley remains unhappy with Pardew and trying to force a resignation is one I had not even considered.

Makes perfect sense that installing Kinnear was supposed to weaken him, and leads naturally to a refusal to sanction any investment in players, while building up a war chest for the next man.

The 'war chest' bit doesn't ring true for me.

The club doesn't sign players that suit Pardew anyway.

But Pardew has to struggle with a wafer thin squad in the meantime and is less likely to succeed, which will mount pressure on him to quit sooner.

It's not really wafer thin, Cabaye was a big loss but we have quite a lot of central midfielders. We struggled for strikers on Saturday but that was due to Remy and Gouffran's absence. Cisse as well, although it seems he has probably already been replaced by De Jong.

Guest bimpy474

Is Douglas not just phrasing things to say "We can't trust a word they say, but apparently...."

As i read it, i don't think it contradicts anything announced previously, which was that we chased Genier on the Wednesday and then from Thursday pretty much said "no more bids for anyone".

It shows that we weren't actually trying to sign him. Token derisory bid.

Amazingly those of us here were right all along, Yet mocked for suggesting it.

I suppose some will still deny it.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/englishfootball/barclayspremierleague/newcastle-have-been-sold-down-the-river-tyne-S11363872189882

"BT Sport columnist Mike Calvin claims the Magpies are a 'pointless club' as Mike Ashley sacrifices tradition for profit."

Shame our local rags can't write with that sort of passion. You would have thought being banned would have let them loose.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/englishfootball/barclayspremierleague/newcastle-have-been-sold-down-the-river-tyne-S11363872189882

"BT Sport columnist Mike Calvin claims the Magpies are a 'pointless club' as Mike Ashley sacrifices tradition for profit."

Shame our local rags can't write with that sort of passion. You would have thought being banned would have let them loose.

Probably because they're not bright enough to do so.

When there is no ambition, there is no hope. When there is no hope, there is no point

Perfect.

That should go on a banner.

Get it made! Unfurl it for those f***ers at Sky to gawp at...

It sums up our plight in one perfect sentence. a couple of perfect sentences...for any pedants :lol:

When there is no ambition, there is no hope. When there is no hope, there is no point

Perfect.

That should go on a banner.

Get it made! Unfurl it for those f***ers at Sky to gawp at...

It sums up our plight in one perfect sentence. a couple of perfect sentences...for any pedants :lol:

Well put indeed.

The stewards would just take it off you and you'd probably get banned for life for daring go up against the regime.

Yeah, big banners are a hiding to nothing.

I was thinking how good it would be if Banksy did a funny little drawing outside St James' to draw attention to the plight :lol:

Daft idea, but I think if people want to engage in protest then it's better to not have poorly attended marches or ill-subscribed boycotts.  But to do little things themself.

For the price of one match ticket, if someone is going to stop going they can produce a thousand stickers and just hoy them all about the town/stadium.  Standing on public ground outside a Sports Direct or the club shop with a "Golf Sale" style sign a few times would probably get you in the paper.

I wouldn't break the law myself but anyone wanting to do a banksy copy at the stadium would have my utmost respect. ;)

The stewards would just take it off you and you'd probably get banned for life for daring go up against the regime.

Yeah, big banners are a hiding to nothing.

I was thinking how good it would be if Banksy did a funny little drawing outside St James' to draw attention to the plight :lol:

Daft idea, but I think if people want to engage in protest then it's better to not have poorly attended marches or ill-subscribed boycotts.  But to do little things themself.

For the price of one match ticket, if someone is going to stop going they can produce a thousand stickers and just hoy them all about the town/stadium.  Standing on public ground outside a Sports Direct or the club shop with a "Golf Sale" style sign a few times would probably get you in the paper.

I wouldn't break the law myself but anyone wanting to do a banksy copy at the stadium would have my utmost respect. ;)

I've just found this on Google Images. It would make a cracking sticker.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_V_ruZa2lUjE/TQIdySe0IKI/AAAAAAAABNw/KcFcOp5E6CQ/s1600/dope700%255B1%255D.png