Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I agree we should have tried to fleece PSG, we didn't get the maximum price we could have done from that deal.

But anyone saying we had any hope in hell of getting £35m-45m for him is off their rocker IMO.

The same thing could have been said about selling Carroll.

Woah there :lol:

We hardly robbed PSG, we should have pushed for a lot more.

No way is Cabaye a £40m player.

Nor is Ozil....except that was apparently the fee .

:lol: Ozil is on another planet to Cabaye, in terms of ability and achievements.  We could have perhaps got another £5m or so for Cabaye, but howay.

Time will tell in the PL.

Cabaye is a top class player who was able to successfully transition to the PL and be a major influence.

Ozil has time because he hasn't been here long but whatever he's done before, which to be honest, is ok but doesn't make him worth £40m imo. If Ozil is worth £40m Cabaye is worth similar despite not looking so fancy on the ball, so based on the evidence, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Woah there :lol:

We hardly robbed PSG, we should have pushed for a lot more.

No way is Cabaye a £40m player.

Nor is Ozil....except that was apparently the fee .

:lol: Ozil is on another planet to Cabaye, in terms of ability and achievements.  We could have perhaps got another £5m or so for Cabaye, but howay.

Time will tell in the PL.

Cabaye is a top class player who was able to successfully transition to the PL and be a major influence.

Ozil has time because he hasn't been here long but whatever he's done before, which to be honest, is ok but doesn't make him worth £40m imo. If Ozil is worth £40m Cabaye is worth similar despite not looking so fancy on the ball, so based on the evidence, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Ozil is younger and had 4yrs left on a contract worth 3-4 times per week more than Cabaye was on hence the fee...

I agree we should have tried to fleece PSG, we didn't get the maximum price we could have done from that deal.

But anyone saying we had any hope in hell of getting £35m-45m for him is off their rocker IMO.

The same thing could have been said about selling Carroll.

That was different though - Carroll's value at that time was realistically about £20m but you added £5m because he's a striker, another £5m because he's English and another £5m because he was in an insanely rich vein of form for 12 months, way beyond what we've seen with Cabaye IMO.

on loan signings only,cash from cabaye and probably cisse sales, tv money unspent - hopefully signs that Ashley is getting ready to sell up. clutching at straws?

Except he's been like this ever since KK left.

We're all not sure of the right way to evict the shit , but PR is huge , the questions in the newspapers to AP are a start, what we need to do is keep all these questions alive and an ongoing debate.......... why are newcastle still not answering questions? whats the stuff we don't know behind the scenes etc,etc.

Ashley clearly likes the gamble, the win, look at the Debenhams share finesse , it was all about proving his cleverness. We need to get him into the situation any gambler doesn't like where the odds look like shit so it's more and more pain of everything NUFC  is just negative  So support every e-media  forum , comments to the media , don't let a positive result distract you ..... go for the long game .... keep on message.....  We cannot affect his financial control but we can make every other element of his ownership painful or unsatisfying

I am starting to wonder if he's beginning to plot his exit strategy? He's been tight for ages but the way it is now I wonder if he's getting ready to sell up and focus all his attention on Rangers?

We're all not sure of the right way to evict the s*** , but PR is huge , the questions in the newspapers to AP are a start, what we need to do is keep all these questions alive and an ongoing debate.......... why are newcastle still not answering questions? whats the stuff we don't know behind the scenes etc,etc.

Ashley clearly likes the gamble, the win, look at the Debenhams share finesse , it was all about proving his cleverness. We need to get him into the situation any gambler doesn't like where the odds look like s*** so it's more and more pain of everything NUFC  is just negative  So support every e-media  forum , comments to the media , don't let a positive result distract you ..... go for the long game .... keep on message.....  We cannot affect his financial control but we can make every other element of his ownership painful or unsatisfying

Texts get read out on Radio Newcastle, people should bombard them with negative but factual texts to get people thinking.

I am starting to wonder if he's beginning to plot his exit strategy? He's been tight for ages but the way it is now I wonder if he's getting ready to sell up and focus all his attention on Rangers?

Which was a thought earlier on when he got the Rangers shirts deal etc etc

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/agenda-misadventures-field-starting-tell-6660352

For those that don't believe in the "fake bids" thing.

"One version presented is they made two bids – the first one having been waved away as “derisory.”

On Thursday and Friday it appears their transfer team – who that is, apart from influential club secretary Lee Charnley and supposedly Kinnear is unclear – made no attempt whatsoever to sign a player."

Really good article that by Mark Douglas. Best opinion piece I've read in a long time. :thup:

Is Douglas not just phrasing things to say "We can't trust a word they say, but apparently...."

As i read it, i don't think it contradicts anything announced previously, which was that we chased Genier on the Wednesday and then from Thursday pretty much said "no more bids for anyone".

...and I agree with Tron, the article itself is spot on.

The suggestion that Ashley remains unhappy with Pardew and trying to force a resignation is one I had not even considered.

Makes perfect sense that installing Kinnear was supposed to weaken him, and leads naturally to a refusal to sanction any investment in players, while building up a war chest for the next man.

The suggestion that Ashley remains unhappy with Pardew and trying to force a resignation is one I had not even considered.

Makes perfect sense that installing Kinnear was supposed to weaken him, and leads naturally to a refusal to sanction any investment in players, while building up a war chest for the next man.

The 'war chest' bit doesn't ring true for me.

The club doesn't sign players that suit Pardew anyway.

Of course they don't. We'd never have bought Cabaye and sold him for a £15m profit if the recruitment was in Pardew's hands.

But Pardew has to struggle with a wafer thin squad in the meantime and is less likely to succeed, which will mount pressure on him to quit sooner.

And we are stuck in this circle forever as Fashley and co can always use the "stepping stone" line to up and coming talents to convince them to come here (and to the EPL), because as it stands who would aspire to mid table mediocrity if they had anything about them...

Aaarrrggh!