Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

As someone exiled down south for the past 5 years, I don't get to a lot of games so can't see for myself, but are many fans wearing the Wonga top this year?

A few, I wouldn't say loads are wearing it.

As someone exiled down south for the past 5 years, I don't get to a lot of games so can't see for myself, but are many fans wearing the Wonga top this year?

I haven't noticed it any less prevalent than any other. There's shitloads of them.

Perhaps it's because I live in Canada but I don't have this hatred you lot seem to have for Wonga, couldn't really give two s***s who sponsors us tbh.

I'm not that bothered by it. But I wouldn't buy a shirt with it on the front.

Looks horrid, cheap and tatty.

Guest strongbow69

Perhaps it's because I live in Canada but I don't have this hatred you lot seem to have for Wonga, couldn't really give two shits who sponsors us tbh.

think Wonga business practices are illegal in Canada. 

Perhaps it's because I live in Canada but I don't have this hatred you lot seem to have for Wonga, couldn't really give two s***s who sponsors us tbh.

Actually they are here, they've got a big advertisement campaign going on at the moment.

best thing he could do now really is appoint someone to run the club within clearly set boundaries and walk away from it himself entirely

not that he'd do it but approach say cortese and ask him to run the club with a set of financial boundaries that don't end up costing him money, within those financial boundaries the chairman can appoint who he likes, sign who he likes etc.

it really shouldn't be so hard

cortese would come with the added bonus of having history with pardew (?) as well

Guest strongbow69

Actually they are here, they've got a big advertisement campaign going on at the moment.

odd considering

http://videos.icnetwork.co.uk/m4/loanmap1.jpg

as manipulative as the fat twat I suppose, apr 4000% unless considered on the short term basis (dpr?) . shite adds too  :)

odd considering

http://videos.icnetwork.co.uk/m4/loanmap1.jpg

as manipulative as the fat t*** I suppose, apr 4000% unless considered on the short term basis (dpr?) . s**** adds too  :)

According to their website www.wonga.ca they are in BC, Alberta and Ontario, looks like from that link only Ontario has a cap. I'm in Alberta, we are a very rich Provence tons of oil here, so not sure if there is a big market for them here.

Haven't seen them in Saskatchewan yet. Despicable company, but most big name brands have a ton of seedy unethical business involved one way or another. At least we aren't sponsored by nestle.

Or Sports Direct...oh wait  :blush:

get the feeling Llambias might come back.

Also Mort was only ever going to work for one year, wanted to get back to his legal practice iirc and was helping Ashley settle in for the first year

Not true about Mort, he was willing to stay.

Fairly sure Mort was there to assist with the sale and then to help settle in then go back to hus lega, practice

People not forget Mort was probably the greatest smoke screen Ashley had come up with? He was a nice chap, talked to people, went about town but was still associated with and knew what kind of animal Mike Ashley was? Am I missing something? I thought the bloke was wonderful but can't help but remember he was just like everyone else who worked for Ashley in the boardroom level.

Saying that, If Ashley is here to stay - I'm fine with Llambias or Mort coming back - at least with those 2 it seemed like deals were getting done. Llambias seemed a changed man before he resigned as well, that January period and talking about a plan. Could all be lies again of course.

Can't believe a single thing anymore. Paranoid Newcastle supporters, us.