Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Hugely increased TV revenue since Ashley took over, in no way attributable to him directly, simply glosses over how grossly he's mismanaging us financially. Our debt has doubled inside 7 years, non-TV related revenue income has almost halved at a time where nearly every other Premiership club has seen significant growth, and ultimately we're posting profits because we are a selling club who don't reinvest even the money generated in the playing or coaching side of the football club. I cannot believe people are falling for this insane notion that we were heading for financial ruin until Mike saved the day. The Hall/Shepherd ownership pisses all over this one on any level, including financial, even if it was going stale towards the end.

Agree with everything apart 'Mike saved the day' and the club was going down a very poor financial path.

Genuinely would like to see how the debt has doubled though. No bullshit or anything.

It was around £61m in 2007. It's now £129m.

BTW Everton made a tiny profit in their last accounts, and a loss the year before, and they have a debt of more than £45m. Are they going bankrupt?

Liverpool made a loss of £50m, and have a debt of £114m - that is vastly worse than ours in 2007. Surely they're going to the wall?

You can't just post numbers without placing them against the context of other businesses in the same sector - i.e. other Premier League clubs. Looking in isolation as a lay person, they nearly all look fucked - big losses, big debts. In reality, none of them are unless they drop out of the Premier League.

Depends if they can service the debt. If they can, they're fine.

They have taken a calculated risk that appointing a well rated manager will make the difference. Kenwright hasn't been popular with Everton fans but at least he seems to be a football man who is hands on and actually loves his team.

By the way: "he's a miracle man, the chairman." - Sir Bobby Robson, 2003.

Everyone sucks up to their boss man :lol:

Are you too young to remember SBR, or something?

Nope. But just because someone said their boss isn't a dick, in a public interview. Doesn't mean it's true. Doesn't matter if your SBR or John Doe. You don't grief the boss in the public eye, unless you hate your job like.

If I had a boss I'd imagine it would take a lot more than him not being 'a dick' for me to say that about him, like. :thup:

Dependant on your personality and way with words. Freddie Shepard we're talking about here man, blokes a knob.

Guest neesy111

Tbh, we would had been fine under shepherd.  If we had been struggling badly in an financial sense then I'm sure there would had been a few parties interested in buying a good stake in the club which would had produced plenty of liquidity in the club.

Btw, it was Sir John Hall who sold the club to Ashley and said it was he who could take the club global.  So I blame Hall quite a bit for the situation we are in, the tory sympathising cunt.

Tbh, we would had been fine under shepherd.  If we had been struggling badly in an financial sense then I'm sure there would had been a few parties interested in buying a good stake in the club which would had produced plenty of liquidity in the club.

Btw, it was Sir John Hall who sold the club to Ashley and said it was he who could take the club global.  So I blame Hall quite a bit for the situation we are in, the tory sympathising c***.

Weren't there a few interested parties around that time who backed out after doing due-diligence? They must have seen something they didn't like. Also the transfer dealings and our league position when he left does not suggest things were fine under Shepherd.

Btw, it was Sir John Hall who sold the club to Ashley and said it was he who could take the club global.  So I blame Hall quite a bit for the situation we are in, the tory sympathising c***.

Weren't there a few interested parties around that time who backed out after doing due-diligence? They must have seen something they didn't like. Also the transfer dealings and our league position when he left does not suggest things were fine under Shepherd.

Yeah, there was a reason why the Halls were desperate to bail out, and it wasn't because everything was going well.

My other major beef with Shepherd was that Sir Bob - by far the best manager we've ever had - had given us a good foundation and it was a matter of making sure there was a smooth transition to a successor. Instead, Shepherd completely bungled it.

I will never forgive and forget Mike Riley (the worst referee ever) that Sir Bobby was sacked. It was after the Aston Villa game that he was sacked. The worst refereeing ever on that game saw their goalkeeper getting away with handballing outside the area and other very tragical decisions. Though it wasn't that one match that got him sacked, but if the referee had any sense in his mind in that game, we would've won it and Bobby would've got more time. Who knows what would've happened.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/aug/30/match.sport3

"Thomas Sorensen then produced the handball that even he admitted altered the game. "Ball to hand," said Sorensen unconvincingly. The dismal referee Mike Riley showed a yellow card. The Premiership should show Riley a red one. "

:laugh: I've never heard that word before, is all.

I'm not sure if it's a word, yep. Well, at least now I learned that it's (probably) not :D

And yes, English is not my native language. Funny though that from all the mistakes on this site, now you start focusing on my grammar  :frantic:

Tragical. :lol:

I am a bit hungover so that probably has something to do with but I actually had to look it up in a dictionary to see if it was actually a word

Was it?

Ya means the same as tragic

The Halls wanted Robson gone, SJH basically admitted it a few months after he was sacked.

John Hall:

"It was a very difficult decision to make. I would guess that the board thought this particular season Newcastle would finish fourth and get into the Champions League. But we had a poor start to the season. "The problems in the dressing room seemed to continue through into the season and I can understand Freddy Shepherd, the chairman's decision. "It was the right decision, to my mind, and I'm standing by him. "Probably the only thing to be criticised was the timing. "It might have been better if Bobby had taken an ambassadorial role at the end of last season."

I will never forgive and forget Mike Riley (the worst referee ever) that Sir Bobby was sacked. It was after the Aston Villa game that he was sacked. The worst refereeing ever on that game saw their goalkeeper getting away with handballing outside the area and other very tragical decisions. Though it wasn't that one match that got him sacked, but if the referee had any sense in his mind in that game, we would've won it and Bobby would've got more time. Who knows what would've happened.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/aug/30/match.sport3

"Thomas Sorensen then produced the handball that even he admitted altered the game. "Ball to hand," said Sorensen unconvincingly. The dismal referee Mike Riley showed a yellow card. The Premiership should show Riley a red one. "

Also drew 2-2 at the Riverside through an equalising handballed goal by Hasselbaink during the final minutes of the game didn't we?