Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Yup i want us relegated with sub 30k crowds to get rid of this c***.

Therefore i want Pardew as manager next season to make sure we go down :thup:

I see the logic, but I think getting rid of Ashley hinges on a motivated buyer rather than a demotivated seller. IMO.

Why would he sell while we're in the PL? I genuinely believe that he'll own us for another 20 years if he wants to

I don't think he will for that long, as as much as he obviously enjoys pissing us lot off - it'll be a train wreck of a club after another 5/10 years if he holds course. In saying that, it already is - but it can get much worse.

The situation is suiting him just fine at the moment.  He's getting massive exposure for his tat emporium for free.  There's just no reason for him to make a loss on his venture here while it's benefiting his main concern so unless someone will stump up his asking price we're fucked.

Even if say 4 or 5 thousand season ticket holders jacked it in, they'll be easily replaced by the offer of a good deal through a fairly standard advertising campaign.

And say the attendances did drop to around 45-odd thousand, nobody is really going to bat an eyelid about it in reality

WRONG - TOTALLY.

Surprised you're so emphatic about it tbh. The TV money is worth far more to a club than match day revenue this days. Plus MA is fucking loaded, like crazy rich at the minute, we're nothing more than a uncomfortable sideshow to him these days. The club is producing money for him through  his shithouse management of it, he has a yes man of a manager and he can appoint whoever the fuck he likes to any position regardless of suitability or qualification.

We're nothing more than a plaything for him and a plaything that he can subsidise for the foreseeable future if he feels minded.

A few thousand less Geordies won't make a jot of difference IMO

Guest ElCid

Even if say 4 or 5 thousand season ticket holders jacked it in, they'll be easily replaced by the offer of a good deal through a fairly standard advertising campaign.

And say the attendances did drop to around 45-odd thousand, nobody is really going to bat an eyelid about it in reality

WRONG - TOTALLY.

Surprised you're so emphatic about it tbh. The TV money is worth far more to a club than match day revenue this days. Plus MA is f***ing loaded, like crazy rich at the minute, we're nothing more than a uncomfortable sideshow to him these days. The club is producing money for him through  his shithouse management of it, he has a yes man of a manager and he can appoint whoever the f*** he likes to any position regardless of suitability or qualification.

We're nothing more than a plaything for him and a plaything that he can subsidise for the foreseeable future if he feels minded.

A few thousand less Geordies won't make a jot of difference IMO

You're right with 4 or 5 thousand but 20 - 30 thousand or more and it's a totally different ball game. Unfortunately it won't happen and that's why he will be here for years to come. It's alright calling him worse than shit but it you want him out there is only one way to do it and that's not go until he does. Keep going and let him stay - I know I'd rather miss a season or two than see these cunts take the piss for the next five - 10 year.

I'd imagine if there are folk out there willing to buy Aston Villa for £250million, then there will be takers for NUFC for a similar price. I believe Ashley doesn't want to sell though - at the moment.

I suspect Lerner's contacts might run a little further than Ashley's book of cronies and people he hasn't fucked over yet.

I'd imagine if there are folk out there willing to buy Aston Villa for £250million, then there will be takers for NUFC for a similar price. I believe Ashley doesn't want to sell though - at the moment.

I suspect Lerner's contacts might run a little further than Ashley's book of cronies and people he hasn't f***ed over yet.

All Ashley needs to do is hire an investment banker (barclays, jpm, merrill, etc) or a broker and value would get set, they'd go after specific clients etc who had the cash to do it and they could get it out there.

It honestly is that simple...its up to the fat man to actually agree to a value or reach out to the right banker/broker to get it done.

I suspect Lerner's contacts might run a little further than Ashley's book of cronies and people he hasn't f***ed over yet.

All Ashley needs to do is hire an investment banker (barclays, jpm, merrill, etc) or a broker and value would get set, they'd go after specific clients etc who had the cash to do it and they could get it out there.

It honestly is that simple...its up to the fat man to actually agree to a value or reach out to the right banker/broker to get it done.

I think he's waiting around for someone looking to make a hobby out of it to buy it for more than it's worth. Until then he'll just sit on it while it makes a decent profit. :(

I think he's waiting around for someone looking to make a hobby out of it to buy it for more than it's worth. Until then he'll just sit on it while it makes a decent profit. :(

Yep - he wants to sell it at a premium, a big premium I assume. He should have done that after the 5th season - it was his perfect opportunity. Promise of European football, club on a high, fans on a high, etc.

I'm looking forward to the summer. It will be very interesting to see how Mike Ashley is going to handle this given the recent* form. I can't see how this club, with its current regime, will be able to attract the players necessary to avoid relegation next season - nevermind progress. If anything, I expect whatever is left of sellable assets** to leave.

*recent is relative in this context.

** Krul, Debuchy, Santon, Ben Arfa ect.

I'm looking forward to the summer. It will be very interesting to see how Mike Ashley is going to handle this given the recent* form. I can't see how this club, with its current regime, will be able to attract the players necessary to avoid relegation next season - nevermind progress. If anything, I expect whatever is left of sellable assets** to leave.

*recent is relative in this context.

** Krul, Debuchy, Santon, Ben Arfa ect.

Not going to sign anyone worthwhile, Ameobi new contract, Adam Campbell and Adam Armstrong leading the line with lets not forget Moussa '2nd striker' Sissoko supporting. Bigirimana 'new signing' on his return to add the 'missing creativity'. Going to be year after year of never challenging for anything, just existing. Even a terminally ill person has an end in sight, no offence intended. But it really is this bad and if you're looking forward to the summer you need to wake up.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/classic-pardew-blunder-exposes-disastrous-mike-ashley-era/?

“In the last seven seasons Newcastle have got more than forty six (Premier League) points only once.”

The Newcastle manager obviously wanting to focus on our current points total of 46 rather than five straight defeats and only four wins in the last eighteen competitive matches.

What Pardew is saying is actually true, only in 2011/12 did NUFC get more than 46 Premier League points in the previous seven seasons, when they notched 65.

Though obviously it was pretty difficult to get more than 46 Premier League points in 2009/10 as Mike Ashley had succeeded in sending us into the Championship.

However, Pardew has inadvertently opened up a whole other can of worms because all but one of those  seasons (the 2006/07 one) was under the ownership of Mike Ashley as follows

46 2013/14 (with 3 games to play)

41 2012/13

65 2011/12

46 2010/11

00 2009/10

34 2008/09

43 2007/08

43 2006/07

I then had a thought – dangerous I know.

I wonder what was the story in the seven seasons before that, you know, before Mike Ashley rolled into town…

58 2005/06

44 2004/05

56 2003/04

69 2002/03

71 2001/02

51 2001/01

52 1999/2000

Well well well, thanks to Mr.Pardew it has helped highlight just how depressing it has been under Ashley compared to what happened before he arrived.

In those seven seasons before the period Pardew mentioned, not only did we only once fail to get 46 points (when Souness attempted to destroy the club), but in the other six seasons Newcastle never failed to get less than 51 points.

Yes isn’t life great under Ashley and Pardew!

If it wasn't the same shit served up every day I might laugh.