Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Plenty have (perfectly reasonably) become increasingly suspicious as to whether we'll see any actual positives from the policy.

Fingers crossed though. Nice to at least have some potential positives to hold on to while wading through s***. :thup:

Aye.  There's plenty of remaining disgraceful policies that make Ashley a t***.  We can't quantify the transfer of funds from NUFC to his shops under the mechanisms he has in place for advertising, retail and kit production (Puma deals havce added no recognisable bump in income). 

We're not going to sell out for the visit of Man U either, because he won't sell tickets publicly.  Same with Arsenal coming up.  He'd rather push memberships and half season tickets. 

But then, even that p*ss take of a policy is driving up the matchday income and adding to the coffers.  Only Man City have grown their matchday income more than NUFC over the past 5 years.  These are the only  2 clubs who don't publish ticket prices and categorisations clearly on their site from day 1 of the season.  They're shitting on fans with fluctuating prices and picking numbers out of the air on a game by game basis, but the cut-throat policy is driving revenue growth at a rate to oustrip peers.

Wait, why do you pick the Championship season as a starting point for this analysis. Are you not the same person who published this graph showing Chelsea and NUFC are the only two clubs who have seen match day income decline since when Ashley took over?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/f33eac79ec5ecaa44bf41c91092c5036/tumblr_nibgfzIrRd1u89ei4o1_1280.png

Huge fucking difference. We had no idea what we were getting into when he bought us. They had a heads up so it's far easier to stop him getting in than it is to force him out.

Exactly, we thought we were getting a billionaire owner who wanted a successful football club. Rangers fans know exactly what he's like, and he hasn't got his tanks on the lawn yet.

Wait, why do you pick the Championship season as a starting point for this analysis. Are you not the same person who published this graph showing Chelsea and NUFC are the only two clubs who have seen match day income decline since when Ashley took over?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/f33eac79ec5ecaa44bf41c91092c5036/tumblr_nibgfzIrRd1u89ei4o1_1280.png

Absolutley.

Both are equally true and show the trajectory of the club over different timespans.

Ashley has reduced seasonal matchday income since buying the club.  But he's grown matchday income per game.

From a Glasgow Rangers messageboard:

How the Newcastle fans must look at our support with envy at how we have chased the fat cockney and his minions from our door.

We really do. Wish we could do the same thing  :knuppel2:

They can think that but it's just not true. Like he's going anywhere on anything but his own terms, he controls everything that makes any money for them outside of ticket sales.

Huge f***ing difference. We had no idea what we were getting into when he bought us. They had a heads up so it's far easier to stop him getting in than it is to force him out.

He also owned less than 10% of them so it was much easier to get shot of him, if he owned 100% like he does here there would be very little/nothing they could do just like with us.

And just because they have chased him out of the board room doesn't mean anything else has changed, he still more or less owns all their income streams.

I don't think Rangers fans can stop Ashley, but the league, SFA and other shareholders might be able to. Although as has been said, he has already snapped up their commercial income.

Fact is if he sold Newcastle tomorrow morning he'd own Ranger outright probably by tomorrow night. He doesn't care what their fans think like he doesnt care about ours.

Happy Face is basically stating what I hope is actually happening, i.e. that he's playing the long game and thinks he can make us better/successful his way without it costing him any more money.

For someone who cares not one iota for the club, supposedly, why does he attend games more often than not, I just can't get my head around that. If I was a multi-billionaire, I wouldn't turn up to see something I couldn't give a shit about every week or so, much better places I could go with my endless cash and my private jet.

Happy Face is basically stating what I hope is actually happening, i.e. that he's playing the long game and thinks he can make us better/successful his way without it costing him any more money.

For someone who cares not one iota for the club, supposedly, why does he attend games more often than not, I just can't get my head around that. If I was a multi-billionaire, I wouldn't turn up to see something I couldn't give a shit about every week or so, much better places I could go with my endless cash and my private jet.

I think he goes because it winds a few people up.

Speaking of which...

King & co. choke on their celebratory cocktail weenies as Ashley strikes

http://www.scotzine.com/2015/03/king-co-choke-on-their-celebratory-cocktail-weenies-as-ashley-strikes/

:laugh:

What are the assets or are they not known?

Secured against Murray Park (training ground), Edmiston House (derelict ticket office and social club), Albion Car Park, and the Club's registered trademarks - but not Ibrox.

:lol: Because it's a huge asset, that he uses for advertising, and he might like watching football?  Actually nah, must be because he cares about the club.

so he comes to watch us because.............?

For someone who cares not one iota for the club, supposedly, why does he attend games more often than not, I just can't get my head around that. If I was a multi-billionaire, I wouldn't turn up to see something I couldn't give a s*** about every week or so, much better places I could go with my endless cash and my private jet.

I think he goes because it winds a few people up.

he'd be bored of that by now man, the same wind up, i.e turning up, gets boring for anyone after 9 years.

not that I know what his game is like.

For someone who cares not one iota for the club, supposedly, why does he attend games more often than not, I just can't get my head around that. If I was a multi-billionaire, I wouldn't turn up to see something I couldn't give a s*** about every week or so, much better places I could go with my endless cash and my private jet.

:lol: Because it's a huge asset, that he uses for advertising, and he might like watching football?  Actually nah, must be because he cares about the club.

He must visit his flagship stores all the time I guess

If I owned a football club and could rock up to be treated like the king in my executive box I would definitely do it like.

I don't think he has absolutely no regard for football, it's just his regard for profit is much more important.

If I owned a football club and could rock up to be treated like the king in my executive box I would definitely do it like.

I don't think he has absolutely no regard for football, it's just his regard for profit is much more important.

If I had his cash there's better places I could think of to rock up to and be treated like a King, places involving sun and scantily clad young gold-diggers.

If I had his cash there's better places I could think of to rock up to and be treated like a King, places involving sun and scantily clad young gold-diggers.

Sure he visits plenty of those too.

He must visit his flagship stores all the time I guess

He also dresses up as mr blobby at kids parties, making even more money.  He gets loads of business on Tyneside for this. 

Sure he visits plenty of those too.

He hasn't got time, he's too busy visiting his assets :rolleyes:

I think (hope) it's a challenge to him.

There comes a point where buying struggling shops, asset stripping them and closing them down becomes second nature.

He's bested all his competitors on the high street, he now wants to do that in the Premier League. 

Throwing personal wealth at it isn't in the terms of the game for him though.  It's not about winning a trophy.  Any billionaire could walk into a club and spend enough to win a tin pot.  Portsmoth, Boro, Swansea, Birmingham, Blackburn etc have all done that.  He wants to build the most profitable club in the game.  The joy for him comes in the wheeler dealing.  To him players are high priced stock, Mike Williamson is a joblot of Firetrap shirts.  It's the same game he's played his whole life but the excitement of selling a £35m player who cost nothing will be manna from heaven for him and take him back to being 20 year old when he was the manager of one store, stocking it with shit and selling it at 400% markup.

He wants us to win, to keep pushing up the price of his stock.

He owns us and it's a bit of a spectacle.

I don't care for horse racing or Moto GP. But if I owned some competitive horses and a motorcycle team i'd rock up when I could.

He owns us and it's a bit of a spectacle.

I don't care for horse racing or Moto GP. But if I owned some competitive horses and a motorcycle team i'd rock up when I could.

Competitive being the key word. We aren't competitive, so perhaps it's just to make sure all the SD crap is actually visible?