Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I thought he came across as a clueless tit and I have less of an idea how he's ever made it in business after seeing that performance.  He bit at the MP who kept asking about why he employed so many agency staff and the question were completely valid and he should have been able to answer such a simple question.

Guest antz1uk

City AM have rounded up the best quotes from Mike Ashley’s appearance:

On being the boss: “I can’t be responsible for everything that goes on at Sports Direct. I can’t be.”

On giving it his all: “I can only do my best but my best might not be good enough.”

On corporate bonding: “I dunno what you call it. Fun day? Corporate day? We call its Sports Direct day.” “The value of Sports Direct is its people.”

On BHS: “I can’t resist it: 100 per cent I wanted to buy BHS.”

On ignoring PR people: “I won’t listen to them because I can’t be house trained”

On why he gets up in the morning: “I didn’t build Sports Direct, Sports Direct built me.”

On whether or not he is Santa: “I’m not Father Christmas, I’m not saying I’ll make the world wonderful.” “I don’t think I’m Santa Claus.”

On answering questions from MPs: “I’m one human being! So stop it Paul! Let’s keep things positive!” “It’s been positive so far, stop making it negative.”

On women in the workplace: “What do you call it...sexual...within the office? Harassment!”

On ending sexual harassment: “Simple as that fellas. Not just fellas. Girls. Sorry.”

On sexual harassment at Sainsbury’s: “Are you sure it’s not happening Sainsbury’s? I think it probably is.”

On managers creeping on women: “They’re repugnant, they’re disgusting”

Can see why he got on with joe kin near now, they both talk absolute gibberish, their conversations must have been wonderful

City AM have rounded up the best quotes from Mike Ashley’s appearance:

On being the boss: “I can’t be responsible for everything that goes on at Sports Direct. I can’t be.”

Yet I'm sure towards the end of the questioning.  He said something like "100% the buck stops with me.  I'm responsible for the good things that happen at Sports Direct and the bad."  :lol:  Similar to that Sky interview.  It's a load of bollocks.  As it clearly isn't the case and he has contradicted the 'buck stops with me' comment, on several occasions. 

My favourite line was still "I hope you don't mean sexual exploitation."  :lol:

I know it's wrong.  As the bloke is vile and there are some horrible stories that have come to light.  But I actually found it quite amusing, in some weird way.  At times, it was like some sort of dark, cringeworthy comedy show.  He kept repeating the questions and not having a clue what he was on about.  Or he would just stare into space for ages and then hit back with an awful analogy.

Was one of the MPs a Geordie?  One of them said "One more question" in what sounded like quite a local accent and Ashley responded "Aw, you ain't gonna arsk me about football, is yuh?"

Guest neesy111

Was one of the MPs a Geordie?  One of them said "One more question" in what sounded like quite a local accent and Ashley responded "Aw, you ain't gonna arsk me about football, is yuh?"

Naw, surely fucking not [emoji38]

:lol:

He absolutely won this one.. Not even The Guardian does anything but focus on the "out of control" angle

Yep, people have gone for it. On the radio last night they were talking about how honestly he came across and how he seemed like to be planning all the changes that were needed.

Anyone spot Alan Pardew's Dad sitting behind Ashley?

Strange how he answered everyone but took an instant dislike to Paul Blomfield MP  :lol:

Hate the way he say the word "that's" .

Blomfield is a tit. He's my MP, very rude gentleman.

You don't get the success he has without being very competent at what you do.

I'd imagine the persona of being a bloke you could have a decent chat at the pub with is a strong part of that success.

You don't get the success he has without being very competent at what you do.

I'd imagine the persona of being a bloke you could have a decent chat at the pub with is a strong part of that success.

But it is possible to get it while still being a dick whose competence is limited to that certain set of skills and who isn't terribly bright overall.

If I had that many employees working for me I'd feel totally responsible for their well being on site. You can't just sit on your arse and say "it grew to quick".  No fat man, you penny pinching mother fucke, never  put any proper staff support models or good practice in place.  The fat fuck massively took advantage of the he poor and immigrant workers. You cant ust absolve your self of responsibility. Fuck off.

Strange how he answered everyone but took an instant dislike to Paul Blomfield MP  [emoji38]

He wasn't rude here though, glad your vote in the Election meant diddly squat so thanks for brightening my day, there's a first for everything :thup:

Strange how he answered everyone but took an instant dislike to Paul Blomfield MP  [emoji38]

He wasn't rude here though, glad your vote in the Election meant diddly squat so thanks for brightening my day, there's a first for everything :thup:

Didn't realise you were a Newcastle fan Paul :mackems:

Didn't realise you were a Newcastle fan Paul :mackems:

The long, cold winter nights must fly by.

After finding the full Ashley select committee evidence, I came across the former bhs board, the RAL takeover team and Dominic Chappels appearances. well worth a watch, should be interesting in Phillip green is called, and turns up.

• 4 weeks later...